Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements - Essentials
A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements: Essentials - 1 day Course
This intensive one day course from CIPS will provide the knowledge and skills that are needed to successfully handle the many issues associated with software purchasing agreements. Focusing on software agreements from a commercial perspective, the course will teach delegates how to avoid common mistakes when negotiating agreements and to identify key protections as part of any software deal.
The course is directed by a technology lawyer with over two decades of experience drafting software procurement agreements, the course content will investigate what is important and what can instead be "given away" without exposing the business to any significant risk.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic terms used to describe types of software, and how they are commercially significant
- Recognise and interpret normal provisions of most software contracts
- Identify and avoid the most common pitfalls in negotiating software contracts
- Understand which points are most important, and which are easier to give away in negotiation
- Understand the basics of software maintenance agreement
Delegates looking for more in-depth knowledge can then move on to the Advanced Commercial Approach to Software module.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will provide an overview of the most critical elements of most software contracts, with a pragmatic overview of what's most and least important. Delegates are not required to have any prior knowledge or experience of software contracting. Anyone with limited or moderate experience in the software procurement domain will benefit from attending.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This training course is worth 7 CPD credit hours
Training Course Content
Key course content includes:
- Introduction to software agreements
- What are we allowed to do with the software; software licensing
- What can we expect the software to do; software warranties
- What can we expect the supplier to do
- Reviewing and negotiating cititcal terms
- Software escrow
- Interactive session on common problem clauses and commercial suggestions for resolving these
The cost of this Essential Commercial Approach to Cloud Service Agreements course is as follows:
Member: £585 (excl. VAT)
Non-member: £650 (excl. VAT)
Fee includes: Lunch, refreshments and all course materials
Inclusive e-learning: Creating a sourcing or category plan
Book this course with A commercial approach™ to software agreements - advanced for the combined price of £990 + VAT for members or £1100 + VAT for non-members
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this video to see a summary of the current outlook of the Procurement and Supply Management Profession. Brought to you by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply.
Provider: Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
CIPS, the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, exists to promote and develop high standards of professional skill, ability and integrity among all those engaged in procurement and supply chain management: individuals, organisations and the profession as a whole. CIPS'...
Contact information for Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
Contact Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply