Effective IT ProcurementChartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
Effective IT Procurement
Effective IT Procurement - 1 day Course
The sellers of IT goods and services often create mystery using alliances and other devices to try and influence the decisions made by procurement organisations. This one day course from CIPS examines appropriate strategies and options for buying hardware, software, maintenance and outsourcing services. The overarching goal is to give guidance to professionals seeking to understand complex IT markets in order to buy more effectively.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know more about the IT market and the typical drivers of sellers in this market
- Understand the key aspects of buying hardware, software and maintenance and the fundamentals of software licences
- Develop a set of clear approaches to effective procurement in this key area.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Effective IT Procurement course is best suited to purchasing professionals who are not experienced in buying IT. It is also highly suitable to technical specialists who need a commercial understanding of the IT market.
It is also a useful course for those involved in IT projects who require an understanding of the aspects related to buying IT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This training course is worth 7 CPD credit hours
Training Course Content
Key course content includes:
- Review of the IT market and its impact upon IT procurement
- Key steps relating to IT procurement
- Stakeholder engagement during the process
- Supplier engagement during the process
- Outsourcing IT
- Buying software - vital considerations in purchasing bespoke or packaged software
- Buying hardware - vital considerations and options, supply selection and relationship management of hardware suppliers
The cost of this course in Effective IT procurement is as follows:
Member: £450 (excl. VAT)
Non-member: £500 (excl. VAT)
Fee includes: Lunch, refreshments and all course materials
Inclusive e-learning: Developing the business case for sourcing requirements from external suppliers
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this video to see a summary of the current outlook of the Procurement and Supply Management Profession. Brought to you by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply.
Provider: Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
CIPS, the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, exists to promote and develop high standards of professional skill, ability and integrity among all those engaged in procurement and supply chain management: individuals, organisations and the profession as a whole. CIPS'...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
Find out more about this Effective IT Procurement course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.