Chrysalis Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory - AIM AwardsChrysalis Training
Our unique psychotherapeutic counselling training uses a core model based on exploring the client’s past, present and future, then learning different techniques and skills which will help them heal, become whole, resolve their issues and achieve their goals.
Choose this course if you want to make great progress towards becoming a counsellor and be recognised for your therapeutic skills. If you already have a counselling qualification at Level 3 or equivalent, you can start this course in the second year.
- Year One: Ten Modules as per Chrysalis Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Year Two: Over 10 weekends, you’ll study the following six units:
- Working With a Client’s Present - Includes; Exploring the Client’s present issues and concerns and making decisions about the right course of action.
- Working With a Client’s Past - Includes; Exploring modalities, ideas and techniques which help you understand how the past affects the present.
- Working With a Client’s Future - Includes; Exploring where the client is going and helping them make progress
- Stress, Anxiety & Self-Defeating Behaviours
- Relationships, Bereavement and Loss
- Development, Motivation and Creativity - Includes; Working with Anger and Frustration; Personal Growth, Becoming a Therapist
- Become a Therapeutic Skills Practitioner (Dip CST.).
- Course Quality Checked by the National Counselling Society - Join as an Associate member with many membership benefits including eligibility to join the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Stepping stone to the Society’s Accredited Register for Counsellors, recognised by the Professional Standards Authority. This is subject to completing further studies.
- Registered successful candidates will receive a Level 4 Diploma from AIM Awards.
- A clear progression path which can lead to professional counselling and Higher Education.
This course is accredited by: National Counselling Society and AIM Award.
Suitability - Who should attend?
-You must be 19+ at point of enrolment on the course-Entry into our first year is open to any adult who can demonstrate that they can understand the course materials, is ethical and responsible, and who wishes to make a difference to themselves and others by entering this field. If you have a desire to grow and to help others, we welcome your application.-Direct Entry onto our second year is possible if you have a Level 3 qualification in counselling or some types of professional hypnotherapy qualification. This is assessed during your interview. You will need to take your certificates with you to interview.-Entry onto our Level 6 course is normally at the point of passing our other courses.
From time to time we all reach those crossroads in life where we feel we need a fresh challenge, a change of career path or would love to give something back to society. For many people becoming a Counsellor, Psychotherapist...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!