How can you facilitate, rather than control, group decision-making and team interaction? With no formal training, people may find it difficult to make the transition from instructors or managers to facilitators. This workshop has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organization. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- How to identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- The difference between content and process
- The stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining your role and how facilitators work
- Establishing ground rules
- Content and process
- Types of thinking
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Communication skills
- Listening for common ground
- Common facilitation techniques
- Giving effective feedback
- The language of facilitation
- Dealing with difficult dynamics
- Building sustainable agreements
- Stages of team development
- Analysis tools
We currently offer different delivery methods, eLearning, distance learning and instructor led onsite courses for up to 15 participants.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Churchill Square Training & Development Ltd
Churchill Square Training & Development is a leading UK based global training and development provider. With over 185 different courses available, we offer a wide variety of training options available to suit your organisation or individual training needs. All of...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Facilitation Skills course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!