Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to underwriting assessmentCII - The Chartered Insurance Institute
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) - customer service in-house training course>
Introduction to underwriting assessment course - Broker Academy in-house training course
This practical foundation course in underwriting assessment provides an in-depth exploration of how risk is typically assessed and managed by insurers.
The course forms part of the CII’s Broker Academy training programme, delivering insurance broker-specific training at 15 locations across the UK. Delivered over the course of in-house, this Introduction to underwriting assessment course focuses on helping delegates develop their skills and knowledge of:
- The way that risk is transferred and managed in the insurance sector
- How underwriters assess and rate risk
- Different surveying methods and how they affect rating
- Working with insurers to obtain the best outcomes for clients
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to know more about underwriting and assessing risk.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where considered relevant to your professional development needs.
Training Course Content
The course programme covers:
- Risk management and risk transfer
- How insurers assess risk and the tools they use
- How risk assessment affects decisions on underwriting
- Typical methods employed by underwriters
- Presenting risks to insurers
- Pricing and its relationship to underwriting
- Risk surveying and reporting
- Risk improvements required or desirable
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run as an in-house course. Contact CII for more information.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: CII - The Chartered Insurance Institute
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
As the world’s leading professional body for insurance and financial planning, we are uniquely placed to help you develop and maintain the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career. With over 125, 000 members in more than 150...