Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Achieving Greater Gender Diversity (in the workplace)CIPD Training
Achieving Greater Gender Diversity (in the workplace)
Achieving Greater Gender Diversity (in the workplace) - 1-Day Open Course in London
A growing body of evidence demonstrates that more gender-inclusive organisations outperform more homogeneous organisations. Facilitators on this Gender Diversity in the Workplace course equip participants with the skills and knowledge to identify areas for improvement within your organisation and to create a convincing and relevant business case and action plan that will drive good practice and generate company-wide support for gender diversity in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
HR practitioners, line managers or leaders in the diversity space who would like an up to date picture of the current diversity landscape and to learn how to assess their business’ gender diversity and how to design and implement action plans to support gender balance within organisations.
Training Course Content
This course is scheduled as follows:
- welcome and introductions
- explore the current gender diversity landscape
- examine the key drivers influencing the attention on gender diversity
- the business case – the importance of identifying the needs of your organisation
- how to recruit and attract for greater gender diversity including: the employee value proposition, recruitment criteria used and gender bias when hiring
- how to retain women/men within your organisation by reviewing organisational factors including: equal pay, policies and procedures, company values, culture and role models which may unwittingly disadvantage women
- how to retain women/men within your organisation by addressing mind-set factors including: unconscious bias, masculine v feminine leadership styles and behaviours and understanding the differences between men and women
- examining different types of development initiatives to encourage greater gender diversity and support for women: including gender diversity training, creating female networks and the role of mentoring
- exploring systemic change and how you can track your progress
- creating a gender diversity strategy and identifying organisational ways to support your strategy
- draw up an action plan to start identifying what you and your organisation needs to focus on
- learn how to learn and keep on learning about gender diversity
Summary and close
The cost of this course is £490.00 + VAT.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...