Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Employment Law PractitionerCIPD Training
Advanced Employment Law Practitioner
CIPD Advanced Employment Law Practitioner - 2 day training course in London
Developed for seasoned HR practitioners, Advanced Employment Law Practitioner delves into the more complex areas of employment law that directly affect current HR practice. This highly interactive course is taught through a combination of case studies and debate. Its overarching goal is to build up your existing knowledge, while updating you on the latest developments in case law as well as pending legislation.
CIPD’s own Learning Delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Employment Law Practitioner course is for experienced HR practitioners who wish to extend their existing skills and knowledge. Previous knowledge and experience of employment law is required to benefit fully from this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon finishing this Advanced Employment Law Practitioner course, delegates will be equipped to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of key aspects of employment law
- consider, debate and apply complex areas of law to your organisation's issues
- evaluate the effect of domestic and European legislation.
Training Course Content
This advanced employment law course is scheduled as follows:
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013
- New Employment Tribunal Rules of Procedure
- Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013
- Consultation on Modern Workplaces
- Other developments
Discrimination and equal opportunities
- Equality Act – an overview and recent developments in discrimination law
- Recent case law
Employment Status and Contracts
- Who is an employee?
- Part-timers and fixed-term contracts
- Employee-shareholder status
- Agency workers
- Changing contractual terms
- Government consultation on ACAS Code of Practice
- Managing poor performance
- Misuse or social media
- Settlement discussions and agreements
- Evaluating an ET case
- Early conciliation and the role of ACAS
- Changes to tribunal procedures
- Tribunal statistics, trends and compensation
- TUPE and proposed changes
- Variation of contracts
- Redundancy, new rules and case law on collective redundancy.
Non-Member Price: £875 + VAT, CIPD Member Price: £795 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...