Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Employment Law PractitionerCIPD Training
Advanced Employment Law Practitioner - 2 day course - CIPD Training
Examine the more complex areas of law that have a direct impact on current HR practice.
Advanced Employment Law Practitioner is designed for experienced HR practitioners who already have a firm grasp of employment law concepts. It examines the more complex areas of law that have a direct impact on current HR practice, and using a combination of case studies and debate, it will enhance your existing knowledge, while updating you with new developments in case law and pending legislation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Experienced HR professionals looking to extend their existing knowledge and skills in employment law. Previous knowledge and experience of employment law is required to benefit fully from this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the Advanced Employment Law Practitioner course, you'll be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of key aspects of employment law
- consider, debate and apply complex areas of law to your organisation's issues
- evaluate the effect of domestic and European legislation.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This advanced employment law course will cover:
- Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
- DeRegulation Act 2015
- Trade Union Act 2016
- Zero Hours Contracts
- Other developments
Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
- Recent developments in discrimination legislation and changes to the Equality Act
- Recent case law
- Changing contractual terms
- Managing poor performance
- Misuse of social media
- Settlement discussions and agreements
- Evaluating an ET case
- Early conciliation and the role of ACAS, Judicial mediation
- Managing TUPE
- Variation of contracts
- Redundancy – including recent case law
This programme aims at updating existing knowledge – developing new areas and providing the opportunity to explore issues of individual focus. The tutor underpins points with recent cases and pragmatic business application.
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Non-member Fee: £875 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £795 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...