Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Aligning Learning With Business Strategy - 1 day course - CIPD Training
One of the biggest challenges you will face in L&D is establishing a clear relationship between learning, the experiences that support it, the resources it needs, and the work-related, and organisational, objectives to which the learning will contribute. This course will enable you to tap into individuals’ motivation to learn; and build commitment to learning; providing a range of learning solutions that stretch and develop individuals – thus enhancing organisational effectiveness.
Maximise the potential for learning within the workplace to meet workplace requirements with this one day course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Aligning Learning With Business Strategy is recommended for L&D specialists, HR and OD practitioners involved in managing organisational learning, and line managers who are responsible for integrating learning with their business needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- establish the business drivers for different learning needs
- identify the relationship of learning needs to organisational requirements
- explain factors that help or hinder an individual’s ability to learn and to apply that learning to achieve organisational goals
- describe methods for integrating learning and performance
- identify ways of achieving learning within the workplace.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This course will cover:
Integration and alignment
- integrating how needs are identified
- making L&D an integral part of organisational strategy and operational processes
- managing and integrating different stakeholder views on L&D needs
- aligning L&D processes with operational processes
- managing L&D resource allocation as an integral part of achieving organisational goals
Drivers for learning needs
- where do learning needs come from?
- what are the drivers?
- what’s the relationship of different learning needs to the achievement of organisational goals?
- how might we prioritise needs?
Relationship of learning needs to organisational needs
- alignment with organisational goals and operational requirements
- constructive dialogue with stakeholders at different levels and different parts of your organisation
- integration with organisational processes
Factors that motivate or hinder learning
- individual issues
- team or group issues
- workplace issues
Integrating learning and performance
- formal v informal learning
- at work v away from work
- relationship to operational requirements
- practice and application whilst learning is fresh
- competency frameworks
- appraisal, individual performance targets
- briefing and debriefing by manager or workplace coach
- timeliness of learning
Learning solutions for an integrated approach
- range of learning opportunities
- specific methods.
Non-member Fee: £560 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £505 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...