Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Introduction to Project Management - 2 day course in London by CIPD training
Outstanding project management skills are sought out across industries with project managers responsible for driving innovation and managing change. This highly interactive two-day course equips new project managers with the skills to manage projects more effectively through the application of a systematic project framework and the use of helpful project tools and techniques. The Certificate is an internationally recognised foundation-level qualification.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally. Enquire for details!
Suitability - Who should attend?
An Introduction to Project Management is designed to give a broad introduction to anyone involved in project working. No prior knowledge is necessary. This course will also prepare you for an optional one-hour multiple-choice exam which is accredited by the Association for Project Management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon conclusion of this Introduction to Project Management course, participants will be equipped to:
- understand key project management terms and concepts
- gain clarity at the outset of projects
- plan projects realistically
- manage risk and change effectively
- use key project management tools
- monitor and control progress
- establish the needs of stakeholders
- understand the benefits of post-project reviews.
Training Course Content
Projects, Programmes and Portfolios
The Project Context
An introduction to project life cycles and key success factors
Initiating a project
- establishing the objectives and scope of work
- defining the needs of stakeholders
- establishing a clear business case
- agreeing key roles and responsibilities
Creating a project plan
- project definitions; work, product and organisational breakdown structures
- networks, critical path analysis, risk management, Gantt charts and milestone charts
- an introduction to quality management, assurance and control
Techniques for estimating resources in projects
Resourcing the plan
- how to ensure that the plan is fully resourced, through resource histograms and resource levelling
The project communication plan
- communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, and gain commitment from the team
Building the team
- overview of team development and roles
Monitoring and controlling projects
- tools and techniques
- how to hand over to the operational team effectively
Project closure and learning review
- how to close projects well and identify lessons learned
Individual action planning
The 1-hour multiple-choice exam (optional).
The cost of this training course is as follows:
- Non-Member Price: £880 + VAT
- CIPD Member Price: £790 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...