Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Applied Transfer of Undertakings: TUPE - 2 day course - CIPD Training
The two-day Applied Transfer of Undertakings: TUPE course provides you with the opportunity to review the law on business transfers and then apply it to your organisation. It identifies good HR practice and assists you in developing a legally compliant strategy for dealing with transfers. Discussion and case study work helps to illustrate the law and ensure that you understand the legal framework and the HR issues concerning business transfers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
HR practitioners who are responsible for employment law issues within their organisation’s policies and procedures, and those wishing to enhance their existing skills and knowledge. Some prior knowledge of TUPE is assumed.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the Applied Transfer of Undertakings: TUPE course, you'll be able to:
- advise on and apply the key legal principles covered by TUPE
- manage a business transfer effectively
- promote HR best practice.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This course will cover:
- Background, context and purpose
- TUPE Regulations 2006
- The Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
What is the transfer of an undertaking?
- When does TUPE apply?
- The standard definition
- Guidelines for determining whether there is a transfer of an undertaking
Service provision changes
- Organised grouping of employees
Managing business transfers
- Who is covered?
- Who transfers?
- What transfers?
Employee rights and TUPE
- The right to refuse to transfer
- Dismissals and automatically unfair dismissals, changes under the new legislation
- Changing terms and conditions, what is possible under the new legislation
- Collective agreements
- ETO reasons
- Practical considerations
- Information and Consultation rights and responsibilities
- Effective consultation
- Consultation for microbusinesses
TUPE in practice
- Due diligence
- Disclosure of information, new timescales to note
- Contractual considerations and safeguards
Managing the change process
- The communications process
- Internal and external
- Handling the media
Latest developments in case law
You will work through case studies involving both the analysis and management of a business transfer. Discussions will focus on identifying the relevant TUPE-related issues, understanding and managing legal risk and achieving practical and cost-effective solutions in line with best practice.
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Non-member Fee: £910 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £815 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...