Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CIPD Advanced Award in Understanding and Implementing Coaching and Mentoring
This programme is purposely designed for busy practitioners looking to achieve the coaching and mentoring postgraduate-level CIPD qualification in a shorter amount of time. Participants will enhance their knowledge of developing coaching and mentoring initiatives in line with business needs, through exploring, assessing and considering a range of models and frameworks. Attendees will also examine other key factors including psychological theories and concepts, organisational models and communication strategies, in order to feel confident in further developing successful coaching and/or mentoring initiatives.
Participants have five weeks to complete the qualification. The format includes just one week of face-to-face workshops, with the remaining submission being completed online or by phone within four weeks of the workshops. Ongoing support and dedicated online resources are also provided.
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's location, where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Senior professionals who make strategic decisions and/or have a level of influence that will impact other key stakeholders
- Individuals with a good level of coaching and mentoring experience and knowledge – ideally 3 years
- Professions working for an organisation looking to improve coaching and mentoring initiatives
- Those looking to complete face-to-face workshops in a one week block: so the course is very suitable for practitioners working outside the UK.
Please note: this programme is not aimed at individuals who want to improve their individual coaching skills or work as an internal coach or mentor. In this instance, the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Organisational Coaching and Mentoring would be more appropriate. Contact the provider for more information.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
The programme content will be structured as follows:
- Coaching and Mentoring Models and Frameworks
- Learning & Psychological Theory
- Psychological Concepts
- Communication and Relationships
- Organisational Models and Cultural Considerations
- Resources & ROI
- Coach Skills and Competencies
- Professional Practice
- Equality & Diversity
- Code of Ethics
- Assessments, including a presentation and written assignment
Pre-work: Participants will be require to complete around 10 hours of preparatory reading or work before attending this programme. Details will be available on the Virtual Learning Environment.
The full up-front qualification fee is £3,495 + VAT.
The fee include all tuition, personal support, assessment, course material and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment.
Membership is not mandatory, however CIPD Training strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members. Contact the provider for more information.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...