Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Digital Learning Design Programme - Development Programme- CIPD Training
Designed for learning professionals and subject specialists, the Digital Learning Design programme provides you with both the competence and the confidence to create engaging digital learning content. You’ll develop the skills you need to analyse learning requirements and audience characteristics, select the most appropriate forms of content, and then work individually or with a specialist.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This digital learning design training course is suitable for:
- learning professionals looking to improve your skills in the design and development of various forms of digital learning content
- designers and/or developers looking to formalise their understanding of the key principles of effective learning content design and of the processes of design and development
- designers and/or developers looking to broaden skills to encompass a wider range of content types
- subject matter experts needing to be able to create a learning content or work effectively with others who will be doing this
- learning and development professionals aiming to improve understanding of the principles of effective learning content design and of the processes of design and development.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course will provide you with the skills to:
- work effectively with a project sponsor to determine the learning requirements, the characteristics of the target population and the logistical constraints.
- determine whether digital learning content will add value, the form(s) that this content should take, and the skills, tools, time and budget required to design and develop the content; and
- communicate a clear, logical and concise proposal to the project sponsor outlining all of the above;
- establish a design and development process that will deliver the content to the required standard within budget and timeframe, ensuring adequate provision for inevitable changes in the light of new information, shifting business needs, developing ideas and learner feedback.
- work with subject expert(s) to determine the technical content that needs to be covered, but without surrendering the initiative in terms of design, and always with the needs of the learner in mind.
- provide an approved proposal for digital learning content and, in consultation with other specialists, where necessary, develop a design for the content that clearly describes the end product in terms of learning objectives, learning strategies, structure, use of media, technical format, scope/scale and other information needed by the project sponsor and other stakeholders to progress with the development of the content.
- write clearly and concisely for screen and voiceover.
- create or source suitable imagery (photos, illustrations, diagrams) and perform whatever simple edits are required to suit the intended purpose.
- record audio to a high quality and perform simple edits to this audio.
- describe the conditions necessary for successful shooting of video material.
- create a screencast that clearly explains the use of a software application or website.
- effectively combine text, images and other media elements to create slide shows, web pages and PDFs that conform to established design principles.
- effectively integrate interactivity into multimedia materials in order to create tutorials and scenarios that conform to established design principles and deliver on their learning objectives.
- write test items that validly and reliably test the achievement of specific learning objectives.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This programme features:
The Digital LearningDesign programme was written, developed and is delivered by one of the UK’s leading learning and development specialists, Clive Shepherd.
A real workshop
You will not be spend all your time exploring theory. This programme is highly practical to ensure you gain the confidence you need to further your learning independently.
Network with like-minded professionals from diverse backgrounds
This programme provides you with a unique opportunity to meet and share your experiences with like-minded professionals from a variety of organisations, helping you to develop ideas and solutions that you can use back at work.
Be inspired and enhance learning
Your learning will be enhanced through presentations and in-depth discussions, along with demonstrations of the skills and tools you’ll need.
Practical and applicable
For your learning to work, it has to be relevant to your workplace. That’s why our programmes focus on providing you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply your learning back at work straight away. You’ll explore your own needs and issues, as well as share experiences, challenges and insights with other participants and your specialist tutor.
Non-member Fee: £2,300 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £2,070 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...