Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Digital Learning Design Programme - A 5-day course with CIPD Training
This training course provides a practical overview of digital learning and how you and your organisation can work effectively with digital learning principles and design. The course is suitable for a wide audience of professionals who are interesting in taking the next step with learning technologies.
Course content is tailored to be adaptable, providing professionals with the tools they need to bring digital learning content into their orgnisation's learning strategy. All forms of digital learning content will be covered, from web pages to videos, PDFs to quizzes, slides to interactive scenarios, will play an ever increasing role, whether that’s in the classroom, on the job, on the move or at home.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This digital learning desin training course is suitable for:
- learning professionals looking to improve your skills in the design and development of various forms of digital learning content
- designers and/or developers looking to formalise their understanding of the key principles of effective learning content design and of the processes of design and development
- designers and/or developers looking to broaden skills to encompass a wider range of content types
- subject matter experts needing to be able to create a learning content or work effectively with others who will be doing this
- learning and development professionals aiming to improve understanding of the principles of effective learning content design and of the processes of design and development.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course will provide you with the skills to:
- work effectively with a project sponsor to determine the learning requirements, the characteristics of the target population and the logistical constraints.
- determine whether digital learning content will add value, the form(s) that this content should take, and the skills, tools, time and budget required to design and develop the content; and
- communicate a clear, logical and concise proposal to the project sponsor outlining all of the above;
- establish a design and development process that will deliver the content to the required standard within budget and timeframe, ensuring adequate provision for inevitable changes in the light of new information, shifting business needs, developing ideas and learner feedback.
- work with subject expert(s) to determine the technical content that needs to be covered, but without surrendering the initiative in terms of design, and always with the needs of the learner in mind.
- provide an approved proposal for digital learning content and, in consultation with other specialists, where necessary, develop a design for the content that clearly describes the end product in terms of learning objectives, learning strategies, structure, use of media, technical format, scope/scale and other information needed by the project sponsor and other stakeholders to progress with the development of the content.
- write clearly and concisely for screen and voiceover.
- create or source suitable imagery (photos, illustrations, diagrams) and perform whatever simple edits are required to suit the intended purpose.
- record audio to a high quality and perform simple edits to this audio.
- describe the conditions necessary for successful shooting of video material.
- create a screencast that clearly explains the use of a software application or website.
- effectively combine text, images and other media elements to create slide shows, web pages and PDFs that conform to established design principles.
- effectively integrate interactivity into multimedia materials in order to create tutorials and scenarios that conform to established design principles and deliver on their learning objectives.
- write test items that validly and reliably test the achievement of specific learning objectives.
Training Course Content
The course programme is as follows:
- Session 1: The role of digital learning content
- Session 2: Analysing the requirement
- Session 3: Media chemistry: working with the media elements
- Session 4: Writing for the screen and for voice
- Session 5: The design and development process
- Session 6: Working with subject-matter experts
- Session 7: Creating e-assessments
- Session 8: Documenting design
- Session 9: Creating interactive scenarios
- Session 10: Evaluating the effectiveness of learning content
- Non-Member: £2,300+ VAT
- Member: £2,070 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...