Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Employee Relations and the LawCIPD Training
Employee Relations and the Law - 1 day course - CIPD Training
This course will enable you to advise on the law relating to industrial action and understand the key stages in union recognition. You’ll learn about the process of collective bargaining in negotiating employment terms and conditions, and evaluate ongoing developments regarding information, consultation and employee and trade union involvement in organisations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Employee Relations and the Law course is for HR practitioners or line managers responsible for employment law issues within their organisation. Some prior knowledge of employee relations is assumed.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- describe the key stages in union recognition
- understand the role of the social partners and social dimension of the EU, as well as EU legislation
- appreciate the process of collective bargaining in negotiating employment terms and conditions
- evaluate ongoing developments regarding information, consultation and employee and trade union involvement in organisations.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
Employee relations in the UK
- The institutions of employee relations
- The current ER climate
- National collective agreements
- Individual collective agreements
- The rights from trade union membership
- Trade Union Bill
The EU dimension
- The role of the social partners
- EC legislation
- European Works Councils
Information and consultation
- The Information and Consultation of Employees Directive and Regulations
- Unionised and non-unionised organisations
- Obligations to inform and consult under TUPE
- Collective redundancies
- Collective agreements and protections conferred by union membership
- Statutory recognition and de-recognition
- Industrial action/strike ballots/picketing
- Time off for trade union activities
Negotiating terms and conditions
- Systems within non-unionised organisations
- Collective bargaining with recognised trade unions
- Partnership and other agreements.
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Non-member Fee: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £490 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...