Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Employee Relations and the Law - 1-day course with CIPD Training
This practical course in Employee Relations and the Law provides you with a sound understanding of the legal aspects of industrial action and the key stages in union recognition.
Delivered in central London over the course of one day, the programme covers the process of collective bargaining and its implications in terms of negotiating employment terms and conditions. It also addresses current developments in the areas of consultation, information and employee/trade union involvement in organisations. Finally, the course examines EU legislation and the role that EU level social partners can play in the above processes.
The course forms part of the Level 7 Advanced Award in Employment Law and Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law. CIPD Training can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring it to the organisation's specific needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for HR practitioners or line managers responsible for employment law issues within their organisation. Some prior knowledge of employee relations is assumed.
Training Course Content
Employee relations in the UK
- the institutions of employee relations
- the current ER climate
- national collective agreements
- individual collective agreements
- the rights from trade union membership
The EU dimension
- the role of the social partners
- EC legislation
- European Works Councils
Information and consultation
- the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 2004
- unionised and non-unionised organisations
- obligations to inform and consult under TUPE
- collective redundancies
- collective agreements and protections conferred by union membership
- statutory recognition and de-recognition
- industrial action/strike ballots/picketing
- time off for trade union activities
- statutory immunities
Negotiating terms and conditions
- systems within non-unionised organisations
- collective bargaining with recognised trade unions
- partnership, stakeholding and other agreements
- Practical case studies and scenarios will illustrate how the law works in practice.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £545 + VAT
Member: £490 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...