Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Interpersonal Skills - 2-day course by CIPD Training
Designed for managers and others dependent on the cooperation of others, this Essential Interpersonal Skills course provides you with the skills to engage and motivate people to work towards your goals.
Delivered over the course of two days, the programme will provide you with the interpersonal skills needed to:
- Establish effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Select and apply the most productive approaches to getting the results you want
- Deliver your message in a way that is heard, understood, accepted and acted upon
- Motivate others to change their behaviour
- Influence others to accept your proposals & overcome colleagues' resistance
- Address issues in your workplace relationships
CIPD Training can also tailor the content of the course and deliver it in-house for groups of staff.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Managers and functional specialists with at least three years’ work experience
- People whose roles are dependent on the co-operation of others
- People who have specific working relationships that need building or improving
- People who want to increase their repertoire of interpersonal strategies or who need to increase their ability to connect with a wide range of people at work.
Training Course Content
Introductions and objectives
Heroes and villains
- real-life experience of working relationships
What are people skills?
What makes people tick?
- how people make sense of the world
- values-based behaviour
- understanding the impact we make on others and its consequences
Elements of effective working relationships
Relationship mapping and analysis
The value of listening, and barriers to good listening
Transactional analysis as a tool for people problem-solving
Review of Day 1
- a range of strategies from PUSH to PULL Influencing situations
- how to combine the strategies to get the results you want
- adapting language and behaviour to get results
- using activators and consequences
Reaching constructive outcomes
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £880 + VAT
Member: £790 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...