Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Interviewing Skills - 3-day course by CIPD Training
This 3-day course in Interviewing Skills is designed to provide you with the specialist skills and knowledge to effectively plan and conduct different types of interviews for recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary purposes.
Combining role-plays and discussions, the course will provide you with the practical skills needed to gather the information you need from any interview. In addition, you will leave the course with:
- An understanding of the purpose of different interviews
- The ability to undertake structured preparation for interviews
- The expertise to gather, interpret and make decisions based on accurate information
- The ability to conduct selection, appraisal, counselling, disciplinary and exit interviews
The course can also be delivered in-house for a group of staff in your organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for HR and line managers responsible for conducting interviews.
Training Course Content
- listening, summarising, hit words
- questioning and probing
- non-verbal communication
- job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing interview structure and questions
- assessing evidence and decision-taking
- the investigation interview
- the disciplinary hearing
- return-to-work interviews
- helping employees with work and non-work related problems
- giving and receiving feedback.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £1,490 + VAT
Member: £1,340 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...