Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Skills For TrainersCIPD Training
Essential Skills For Trainers - Development Programme - CIPD Training
This ‘train the trainer’ programme is for those who are new to the role of trainer, or those looking to gain further experience and skills.
Although the focus of this learning is on face-to-face design and delivery, some principles of digital online design and delivery will also be touched upon.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for trainers and facilitators of training sessions who would like to improve or refresh their skills. It is also suitable for those new to training design and delivery who want to gain knowledge and skills enabling them to design and deliver great training sessions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- to describe the context that L&D operates within
- to list the stages of the L&D cycle
- to construct clear measurable learning objectives that supports a wider evaluation process
- to develop frameworks that allow for effective design of learning and development interventions
- to demonstrate the use of a range of skills in an interactive learning session.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
Pre-workshop webinar - 2 hours
- Context: The ten shifts in L&D and what that means for people working in training and L&D
- Opportunity for group to share individual aim and objectives for attending the course as well as sharing some of their challenges
- Signpost to further reading.
Day 1 face to face workshop
- Introductions and review web outputs
- Context: The learning cycle in line with the organisation need for training/ L&D
- Setting clear measurable learning objectives that link with specific organisational performance – this will involve detail around Learning Needs Analysis and Evaluation aspects of the learning cycle
- Introduction to key adult learning principles
- What does great design look like?
Day 2 face to face workshop
- Review day 1
- Great design continued
- Principles of great delivery
- Practice run of mini sessions
- Preparation for day three delivery sessions.
- Review day 2
- Undertake delivery of mini sessions (depends on group numbers – ideally in pairs for approx. 30 mins total)
- Feedback on mini sessions
- Action plan and next steps.
Post-workshop webinar - 2 hours
- Review of workshop
- Successes and challenges post workshop: a sharing of transfer of learning
- An opportunity to explore the feedback given on the course
- Next steps for the personal learning network created.
Non-member Fee: £1,375 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £1,250 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...