Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Skills For Trainers - CIPD Training
This practical 'train the trainer' course is ideal for new trainers looking to develop fundamental learning and development (L&D) knowledge and skills, or existing professionals seeking to enhance and advance their roles.
The course will cover a range of key skills that L&D practitioners needs to create and manage high-impact L&D interventions. Participants are encouraged to build their own personal learning network, as they would in real-world professions.
This course is made up of three components:
- A two-hour introductory webinar that sets the context for the programme, usually around one month before the second element
- A three-day 'train the trainer' face to face intervention for those looking to develop experience and skills
- A final two-hour webinar to discuss learning, feedback and future plans.
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's preferred location, where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- trainers and facilitators of training sessions
- individuals new to training design and delivery
This course is not suitable for:
- those managing the learning and development (L&D) function who need to gain further knowledge of the context L&D operates within and how it relates to other parts of the business
- those looking at gaining a more strategic view of L&D.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completition of the course participants will be able to:
- describe the L&D context
- list the stages of the L&D cycle
- construct clear measurable learning objectives that supports a wider evaluation process
- develop frameworks that allow for effective design of learning and development interventions
- demonstrate the use of a range of skills in an interactive learning session.
Training Course Content
The programme content will be structured as follows:
Pre 2-hour webinar
- Context: The ten shifts in L&D
- Individual aims, objectives and challenges
- Signpost to further reading
3-day face to face workshop
- Review web outputs
- Context: The learning cycle in line with the organisation need for training/ L&D
- Setting clear measurable learning objectives that link with specific organisational performance
- Introduction to key adult learning principles
- What does great design look like?
- Great design continued
- Principles of great delivery
- Mini sessions and feedback
Post 2-hour webinar
- Review of workshop
- Successes and challenges post workshop: a sharing of transfer of learning
- An opportunity to explore the feedback given on the course
- Next steps for the personal learning network created.
The cost of the programme is as follows:
- Full up-front qualification fee: £1,375 + VAT
- CIPD members: £1,250 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...