Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Foundation Course for TrainersCIPD Training
Foundation Course for Trainers - 5-day residential course for trainers and L&D professionals
This 5-day residential course is essential if you’re looking to develop a systematic and effective approach to learning and development – even if it’s completely new to you. The specialist knowledge and array of skills gained will enable you to easily design learning sessions, engage adult learners and make the classroom an effective learning environment.
With numerous practical activities and interactive sessions, the 5-day programme will enable you to:
- Write objectives for learning sessions
- Draw on theory to design a training session
- Prepare and deliver training sessions
- Use different materials to support the learning process
- Give constructive feedback
- Understand the scope of e-learning possibilities & when to use them
- List the ways in which e-learning can be resources and managed
By the end of the training, you will have not only the skill but also the confidence to apply your newly acquired L&D knowledge in a real working environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for trainers working full or part-time; be it in industry, commerce, private or public sectors. Both new and more experienced trainers are welcome.
Training Course Content
Introduction to training and learning
How people learn
- learning styles, memory and retention
Objectives and outcomes
Systematic approach to training delivery
- preparation and research
- questioning, listening, non-verbal communication
- training materials and equipment
- observation, feedback and supporting the learner
Delivery of individual practical sessions
- observation, feedback and review; introduction to managing discussions
The scope of e-learning
- e-learning tools
When and how to use e-learning
- factors in choosing – effectiveness, feasibility and finance
- blending e-learning with other methods.
Please note: some evening work is required during the course.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £2,600 + VAT
Member: £2,395 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...