Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Gender Diversity in the Workplace - 1 day course - CIPD Training
Learn how you can improve gender diversity within your organisation and gain an introduction to some practical tools and techniques to help and support you.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Gender Diversity in the Workplace is ideal if you’re an HR Practitioner, Recruiter, Line Manager or Leader responsible for improving the gender diversity within your organisation, and you want some practical tools and techniques to help and support you.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the Achieving Greater Gender Diversity (in the workplace) course, you'll be able to gain a better understanding of:
- the current gender diversity landscape and why embracing gender diversity is becoming an increasingly important mainstream business issue
- the importance of creating a relevant business case for strategic action
- recruitment and attraction strategies for greater gender diversity
- barriers to achieving greater gender diversity - how to retain females/males within your organisations by addressing organisational and mind-set factors
- the development of initiatives to create greater gender diversity
- how to stimulate systemic change and track progress
- a framework for designing and implementing an effective gender diversity action plan to support business needs
- ways of keeping in touch with good practice and maintaining progress.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
- welcome and introductions
- explore the current gender diversity landscape
- examine the key drivers influencing the attention on gender diversity
- the business case – the importance of identifying the needs of your organisation
- how to recruit and attract for greater gender diversity including: the employee value proposition, recruitment criteria used and gender bias when hiring
- how to retain women/men within your organisation by reviewing organisational factors including: equal pay, policies and procedures, company values, culture and role models which may unwittingly disadvantage women
- how to retain women/men within your organisation by addressing mind-set factors including: unconscious bias, masculine v feminine leadership styles and behaviours and understanding the differences between men and women
- examining different types of development initiatives to encourage greater gender diversity and support for women: including gender diversity training, creating female networks and the role of mentoring
- exploring systemic change and how you can track your progress
- creating a gender diversity strategy and identifying organisational ways to support your strategy
- draw up an action plan to start identifying what you and your organisation needs to focus on
- learn how to learn and keep on learning about gender diversity.
Non-member Fee: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Fee: £490 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...