Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
HR for Non HR Managers - 1 day course - CIPD Training
Operational line managers have varying degrees of involvement in HR related activities and it is critical that they understand, and operate within best practice and comply with legislation. HR for Non HR Managers is a one-day course taking the line manager through the complete employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination as well as covering key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Recommended for line managers who need to understand the complete employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination as well as key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- explain the key stages of the employee life-cycle (from pre-recruitment to post termination) and the associated underpinning legal obligations of employers and rights of employees
- identify how HR contribute to organisational success
- demonstrate when to consult with HR as a line manager
- identify the importance of employee engagement and managing the ‘psychological contract’
- identify means of establishing employee performance standards and subsequently monitor and review that performance.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
- The role of the line manager in working with, and as, HR
- When to consult HR
- The employee life-cycle and the legal framework for:
- recruitment and selection
- employee engagement and managing the psychological contract
- rewarding employees
- handling termination of employment
- managing employee performance and discipline.
Non-Member Price: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £490 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...