Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
HR for Non HR ManagersCIPD Training
HR for Non HR Managers
HR for Non HR Managers - A 2-day course by CIPD Training
Most operational line managers are to some degree involved in handling HR-related matters, making it crucial that they understand and apply best practice, as well as abide by the relevant legislation.
This 2-day HR for Non HR Managers course is designed specifically to guide you through the complete employee lifecycle, from pre-recruitment all the way through to post-termination. In addition, it aims to address key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship, providing you with the ability to:
- Understand the legal obligations associated with each stage of the employee lifecycle
- Leverage HR to contribute to organisational success
- Understand when to consult with HR as a line manager
- Appreciate the importance of the" psychological contract" and employee engagement
- Establish and use standards to measure employee performance
The course can also be delivered in-house for groups of managers in your organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for line managers who need to understand the complete employee lifecycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination, as well as key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.
Training Course Content
The role of the line manager in working with, and as, HR
When to consult HR
The employee life-cycle and the legal framework for:
- recruitment and selection
- employee engagement and managing the psychological contract
- rewarding employees
- handling termination of employment
- managing employee performance and discipline.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £545 + VAT
Member: £490 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...