Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
HR in PracticeCIPD Training
HR in Practice - 2 day course - CIPD Training
This crucial HR in Practice course provides an excellent overview of human resources in practice. Its participative nature makes this an ideal opportunity for participants to explore and exchange ideas and information with other participants.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This HR in Practice course is particularly useful for beginners to HR; or participants who have no formal HR training, or individuals who are contemplating a career move to HR. This comprehensive course is just ideal for individuals for whom time is a pressing factor.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- recognise the contribution of good HR practice in achieving company objectives
- apply key principles and practices involved in recruitment and selection and employment law
- improve their overall performance and personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The changing role and scope of HR
- how HR can add value
- organisational objectives to policies, procedures and practice
The UK legal context
- the contract of employment
- UK discrimination law
- how to avoid discrimination in the workplace
Recruitment and selection
- a systematic approach
- selection methods
- definitions and purpose
- managing different types of performance
Dismissal, varying contracts, redundancy
- keeping employees loyal and motivated
- employee commitment.
Non-Member Price: £1,100 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £1,000 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...