Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to People ManagementCIPD Training
Introduction to People Management - CIPD Training
Through this 3-day course from CIPD Training you'll develop the key knowledge and skills required to successfully manage a team. The course will help you understand the roles and responsibilities of management and how to inspire your team to work effectively towards company objectives. The programme will also encourage you to analyse and develop your own management style, in order to get the most from you and your team.
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's preferred location, where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those new to management or professionals managing small to medium sized teams.
Training Course Content
Training content includes:
- The roles, responsibilities and complexities of the manager
- Major motivational theories and what this means for the individual manager and their direct reports
- Establishing a personal responsibility for self-development, constructing a development plan
- Practising using tools and techniques to manage day to day work
- The role of assertive communication in getting the job done and managing others
- The principles of induction, supervision and appraisal (cycle)
- Good practice in setting objectives and delegating, and how these support the performance management cycle
- The role of the manager in identifying learning needs
- The role of giving (and receiving) feedback in managing performance
- Management theories and styles
- How to motivate the poor and good performer
- The need to foster a positive team atmosphere
- The contribution of all team members with their different team styles
- The lifecycle of a team
- Consensus decision making
- The challenges of managing a virtual or dispersed team
- Tools and techniques to manage change.
The cost of the programme is as follows:
- Full up-front qualification fee: £1,365 + VAT
- CIPD members: £1,225 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...