Key Leadership Skills - 1 day course - CIPD Training
Start your journey from management to leadership, learning about what differentiates the two and what kind of leader you would like to be.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at medium level managers/leaders or people tasked to lead a team or a major project. It is not suitable for junior or newly promoted managers, team leaders or very senior managers and leaders.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Learning objectives of the course are:
- agree the main traits of great leaders and how your own characteristics compare
- consider appropriate differences between leadership and management and why they matter
- begin to identify your preferred leadership style and how you can progress this style through development planning
- consider what traits, tools and techniques can help you to become the leader you would like to be.
All CIPD Training programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The course will cover:
- Why is Leadership Important?
- Leaders vs Managers
- Traits & Behaviours of Leaders
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- Welcome to your Toolkit: practical tools you can use as a leader
- Welcome to Models Mastery: overview of some leadership models
- How to Motivate
- Influencing & Persuading
- Storytelling, communicating and emotional intelligence
- Brief overview of the role of ethics in leadership
- Signposting to other models to investigate.
Non-Member Price: £545 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £490 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...
Find out more about this Key Leadership Skills course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!