Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Key Leadership SkillsCIPD Training
Key Leadership Skills
Key Leadership Skills - CIPD Training
Gain an understanding of the kind of leader you would like to be and how to reach this goal with this one-day course from CIPD Training. The programme will help you understand the key differences between management and leadership - and how this knowledge can help you develop your leadership style.
The course will also help you to identify the leadership qualities and attitudes you need to achieve your vision, and inspire others to work towards that vision.
You'll get to grips with different models of leadership and develop practical tools to help you become a successful and inspirational leader.
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's preferred location, where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client. Contact the provider for more information.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for medium level managers/leaders or people tasked to lead a team or a major project.
It is not suitable for junior or newly promoted managers, team leaders or very senior managers and leaders.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- ascertain the main characteristics of great leaders and how your own traits compare
- understand the differences between leadership and management
- begin to identify your preferred leadership style and how you can progress/improve through development planning
- identify what skills and tools can help you to become the leader you would like to be.
Training Course Content
The comprehensive course content will cover:
- Why is Leadership Important?
- Leaders vs Managers
- Traits & Behaviours of Leaders
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- Welcome to your Toolkit: practical tools you can use as a leader
- Welcome to Models Mastery: overview of some leadership models
- How to Motivate
- Influencing & Persuading
- Storytelling, communicating and emotional intelligence
- Brief overview of the role of ethics in leadership
- Signposting to other models to investigate.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...