Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Leveraging HR Analytics and Data - 2 day course - CIPD Training
Employee salaries and HR programmes frequently account for close to half of many organisations operating expenses. One reason for this high level of investment is the recognition that people are the ultimate source of innovation and competitive advantage. In order to leverage maximum employee value and potential, many leading organisations are turning to human capital analytics to gain a deeper understanding of their workforces, and improve the quality and credibility of HR decision-making.
Gain a deeper understanding of your workforce and improve the quality and credibility of HR organisational insight and decision-making, with this two day course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior knowledge or understanding of human capital metrics is required. This course introduces participants to Human Capital Metrics and enables you to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in this area.
Successful human capital analytics requires collaboration and cooperation between many parts of the organisation, so this course is suitable for:
- HR personnel: generalists, training and development, talent management, organisational development, and workforce planning analysts
- Financial stakeholders wishing to quantify the potential value of their workforces
- Strategic planners seeking to align market and environmental needs with required workforce capability
- IT specialists responsible for implementing the technologies underpinning their organisation’s analytics initiatives.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define human capital analytics
- Understand the importance of HR analytics as an evidence-based decision-making tool
- Describe the most common human capital strategies used by organisations
- Describe the evolution of HR analytics
- Describe a typical analytical process used to measure the impact of HR programmes on organisational outcomes
- Explain the accountability of HR in the context of human capital analytics
- Explain the importance of valuing human capital
- Explain the changing accountability of HR in the context of human capital analytics
- Learn how to assess an organisation’s readiness to implement a human capital analytics initiative
- Understand the criteria for selecting between strategic and tactical analytics initiatives
- Understand the steps required to implement human capital analytics
- Measure the value of a learning and development programme.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This programme covers the following topics:
Day One: Adopting an analytics mindset
- Introduction and course overview
- State-of-the-art analytics: where are we today?
- The value of human capital
- Why it is key to assign financial values to both your workforce and HR activities
- The concept of people (rather than technology or capital) as the last refuge of competitive advantage
- The fundamental human capital mindset: how to view employees as assets rather than expenses.
- Five organisational strategies for investing in human capital metrics
Day Two: Implementing HC analytics
- Measuring the impact of HR strategy and investments
- Accountability of the new HR
- The structure of an individual human capital project
- Embedding human capital analytics in your organisation
- Assessing your organisation's readiness for human capital analytics
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-Member Price: £995 + VAT
CIPD Member Price: £910 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...