Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing Learning and Development - 4 day course
For an effective L&D Manager it is always crucial to recognise the importance of delivering a service that meets business needs. This four-day course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge which will help them in ensuring that their L&D function is at the heart of their respective organisations, from strategic objectives to front line delivery. This course will help participants in setting the strategic vision, agreeing objectives, identifying business learning needs, evaluating interventions, measuring results, marketing the L&D function and providing an internal consultancy service.
Managing Learning and Development course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's location where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 4 day course is suitable for professionals who are new to managing an L&D function and also for those who want to ensure that their function provides a cost effective results driven service aligned to business objectives.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This programme will help participants in exploring the ways in which L&D function can support the organisation's overall business plan. Successful course participation will also help delegates to:
- set clear Mission, Vision, Values
- develop a strategic L&D plan
- discover ways in which the L&D function can provide support and ensure best value from training interventions
- provide an internal consultancy service
- measure results and evaluate interventions
- analyse costs and benefits and discuss return on investment
- influence and persuade others of the added value of L&D through marketing.
Training Course Content
This training programme covers the following topics:
1. Strategic approach
Strategic approach to managing learning and development
- current trends affecting the management of learning and development
- scope and characteristics of a strategic approach
- types of strategy influences on the strategy
Strategic issues in training needs analysis
- sources of learning and development needs
- type of needs and impact on strategy
- methods for gathering needs
2. Implementing the strategy
Options for meeting learning and development needs
- options and rationale
- checklist of characteristics
Operating as an internal consultant
- defining internal consultancy
- types of help
- advantages and disadvantages
- types of consultative approaches
- stages of internal consulting
- diagnostic tools
3. Measuring results
Impact of legislation on implementing the strategy
Evaluating the contribution of learning and development
- costing, cost comparison and cost benefit analysis
- choosing the approach
- collecting evaluation data
- return on investment
4. Marketing the function
Marketing the function
- internal marketing
- marketing activity
- understanding the environment
- learning and development product and service life cycles
- methods for promoting learning and development
- marketing concepts
Review and consolidation
- review of managing learning and development consolidation and action planning
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £1520 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £1690 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...