Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing Learning and DevelopmentCIPD Training
Managing Learning and Development - 4 day course - CIPD Training
Effective L&D Managers will recognise the importance of delivering a service that meets business needs. This four-day course will provide the skills and knowledge to help participants ensure that their L&D function is at the heart of their organisation, from strategic objectives to front line delivery. Learn about setting the strategic vision, agreeing objectives, identifying business learning needs, evaluating interventions, measuring results, marketing the L&D function and providing an internal consultancy service. By attending this programme you will explore the ways in which the L&D function can support the organisations Business Plan.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who are new to managing an L&D function and who want to ensure that their function provides a cost effective results driven service aligned to business objectives.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Set clear Mission, Vision, Values
- Develop a Strategic L&D Plan
- Explore ways in which the L&D function can provide support and ensure best value from training interventions
- Provide an internal consultancy service
- Measure results and evaluate interventions
- Analyse costs and benefits and discuss return on investment
- Influence and persuade others of the added value of L&D through marketing.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This training programme covers the following topics:
1. Strategic approach
- Strategic approach to managing learning and development
- current trends affecting the management of learning and development
- scope and characteristics of a strategic approach
- types of strategy influences on the strategy
- Strategic issues in training needs analysis
- sources of learning and development needs
- type of needs and impact on strategy
- methods for gathering needs
2. Implementing the strategy
- Options for meeting learning and development needs
- options and rationale
- checklist of characteristics
- Operating as an internal consultant
- defining internal consultancy
- types of help
- advantages and disadvantages
- types of consultative approaches
- stages of internal consulting
- diagnostic tools
3. Measuring results
- Impact of legislation on implementing the strategy
- Evaluating the contribution of learning and development
- costing, cost comparison and cost benefit analysis
- choosing the approach
- collecting evaluation data
- return on investment
4. Marketing the function
- Marketing the function
- internal marketing
- marketing activity
- understanding the environment
- learning and development product and service life cycles
- methods for promoting learning and development
- marketing concepts
- Review and consolidation
- review of managing learning and development consolidation and action planning
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £1520 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £1690 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...