Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the LawCIPD Training
Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the Law - 1 day course - CIPD Training
If you’re involved in the administration and management of family-friendly policies in your organisation, this practical course is just what you need. Using case studies and group discussions, it provides a thorough grounding in the UK’s provisions for flexible working practices, including maternity, paternity, adoption, dependent, and parental leave. It also addresses all of the latest changes.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This one day training programme is ideal for HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation. No prior knowledge of the law on maternity or family rights is required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the rights of employees in relation to leave and family care
- Assess the impact of the employee’s rights on the employment relationship
- Advise your organisation on recent and forthcoming developments.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- UK and European policy objectives
- relevant legislation
Issues during pregnancy
- Time off for ante-natal care
- Health and safety: risk assessments, alternative work, suspension
- Pregnancy-related illness
- Promotions and performance appraisals
- Dismissals and redundancy
- Sex discrimination
- Annual leave
- Qualifying for leave
- Compulsory, ordinary and additional maternity leave
- Keeping in touch days
- Contractual position during OML and AML
- Employers’ own schemes
- Dismissals and redundancy during leave
- Qualification for statutory maternity pay (SMP)
- Calculating entitlement
- Employee pay and benefits
Returning to work
- Job, pay, status, notification
- Flexible working requests
- Health and safety issues on return to work
- Failure to return
Shared Parental Leave
- Shared Parental Pay
- SPLIT days
- Managing requests
- Managing requests
Paternity pay and leave
- Statutory paternity pay – qualification and rates
- Paternity leave – how much and when
- Additional paternity pay and leave
Adoption rights and issues
- Statutory adoption pay and leave
- Step and foster adoptions
- Overseas adoptions
Parental and dependant leave
- The right to parental leave
- Right to time off to care for dependants
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £490 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £545 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...