Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Maternity and Family Leave: rights and the lawCIPD Training
Maternity and Family Leave: rights and the law
Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the Law - 1 day course by CIPD training
This practical course is extremely useful for anyone involved in the administration and management of family-friendly policies in their organisations. The course makes use of case studies and group discussions to provide a thorough grounding in the UK’s provisions for flexible working practices, including maternity, paternity, adoption, dependant, and parental leave.
This course also forms part of the L7 Advanced Award in Employment Law, and the Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law.
By the end of the Maternity and Family Leave: Rights and the Law course, participants will be able to:
- understand the rights of employees in relation to leave and family care
- assess the impact of the employee’s rights on the employment relationship
- advise their organisations on recent and forthcoming developments
The course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's location where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This one day training programme is ideal for HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation. No prior knowledge of the law on maternity or family rights is required.
Training Course Content
This one day Maternity and Family Leave: rights and the law course covers the following topics:
- UK and European policy objectives
- relevant legislation
- Expected changes in 2014 and 2015
Issues during pregnancy
- time off for ante-natal care
- health and safety: risk assessments; alternative work, suspension
- pregnancy-related illness
- promotions and performance appraisals
- dismissals and redundancy
- sex discrimination annual leave
- qualifying for leave
- compulsory, ordinary and additional maternity leave
- keeping in touch days
- contractual position during OML and AML
- employers' own schemes
- dismissals and redundancy during leave
- qualification for statutory maternity pay (SMP)
- calculating entitlement
- employee pay and benefits
Returning to work
- job, pay, status, notification
- flexible working requests
- health and safety issues on return to work
- failure to return
Paternity pay and leave
- statutory paternity pay – qualification and rates
- paternity leave – how much and when
- additional paternity pay and leave
Adoption rights and issues
- statutory adoption pay and leave
- step and foster adoptions
- overseas adoptions
Parental and dependant leave
- the right to parental leave
right to time off to care for dependants.
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £490 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £545 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...