Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Negotiation SkillsCIPD Training
Negotiation Skills - 2 day course - CIPD Training
Whether dealing with suppliers or clients, trade unions or colleagues, negotiation skills are vital to ensure personal and organisational success. This two-day programme looks at how to prepare negotiation strategies, approach complex and team negotiations and options when dealing with difficult situations and interpersonal conflict. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their current negotiation challenges and successes and put together action plans for approaching these situations back in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for those who want to develop and practice their skills and behaviours as negotiators.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the programme, you'll be able to:
- Recognise phases involved in all negotiations
- Recognise key interpersonal skills needed at each phase
- Know how to prepare and plan before each phase
- Know your preferred negotiation style and its strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how blockages and deadlocks happen and what to do
- Know how influencing and persuasion skills contribute to a productive negotiation
- Be better able to handle difficult people and conflict situations
- Work more effectively as part of a negotiating team
- Improve your ability to actively persuade colleagues and other stakeholders
- Be able to negotiate better deals and agreements.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Introductions to negotiations
- What is negotiation?
- Different negotiation approaches
- Stages of negotiations
- Dealing with conflict
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning for a negotiation
- Key negotiation stages
- Communication skills
- Action Planning
- Common tactics
- Power in negotiations
- Advanced communication skills
- Negotiating in different contexts and cultures
- Recognising sales and closing techniques
- Negotiating as a team
- Putting it all into practice
- Action Planning
The cost of the programme is as follows:
- Non-member Price: £880 + VAT
- CIPD member Price: £790 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...