Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers - 1 day course - CIPD Training
The neuroscience of leadership is rapidly breaking new ground in leadership training, deepening people's understanding of how the brain works and how to maximise one's potential to improve effectiveness at work and build better relationships. Better knowledge about our own and others' brains helps us to make informed decisions about a wide range of interpersonal skills, as well as project planning and management practices, that have a positive impact on organisational performance and aid the creation of an agile learning organisation.
Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers provides an introduction to the world of neuroscience. Through facilitated discussion, participants will explore the impact of research in relation to key areas relating to organisational success and be exposed to a whole new approach to thinking and behaving in the workplace. The course will apply models based on cutting edge research in practical ways to help uncover personal insights that participants will be able to practice and apply outside the session. Throughout the interactive session there is a focus on turning the research into personal understanding and applying it to real life projects and contexts to improve organisational success.
This course is approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers is recommended for individuals who want to enhance their own and others performance/wellbeing at work through understanding and applying cutting edge research about the brain.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of fundamental brain structures and their functions to provide yourself and others with improved mental models to deal with change, pressure, prioritising, innovation and emotions
- Have an increased awareness of your own and others brains alongside how you can enhance the brain’s strengths and manage its limitations
- Be able to use your mental resources more effectively and efficiently to increase speed and accuracy at work
- Have developed greater mental flexibility through knowledge of how the brain can adapt
- Be able to help others understand how habits form and change alongside techniques to support this
- Understand how to apply a range of perceptual, cognitive and behavioural styles in different settings to improve individual, group and organisational performance.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to fundamental brain structures and their functions
- Developing new ways to perceive, think and behave
- How habits are formed and how they can change
- Increasing moments of insight for yourself and others
- Emotions from a scientific stance
- The effects of positive psychology on individuals and groups
- The brain's reactions to change and how to plan and manage for them.
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £545 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £595 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...