Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
New Learning & Development AdministratorCIPD Training
New Learning & Development Administrator
New Learning & Development Administrator - 2-day course with CIPD Training
This course by CIPD Training presents and explains the Learning & Development (L&D) function, covering the training process and the broad range of skills required for success in an L&D position.
Delivered over two days, the New Learning & Development Administrator programme examines the links between motivation, learning and the achievement of organisational goals. With the goal of helping you support the training, learning and development function within your organisation, the course delivers knowledge and practical skills in:
- Setting up effective systems and processes at the core of the L&D function
- Identifying the features and benefits of learning management systems (LMS) & talent management systems (TMS)
- Designing effective communication regarding the L&D function and its role
- Marketing training activities across the organisation
- Integrating online and traditional learning
CIPD Training can also run the course in-house for groups of staff, tailoring it to any specific organisational needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for L&D administrators, training assistants or secretaries to training managers.
No prior knowledge is required.
Training Course Content
The changing role of learning and development
- the link between organisational success and learning and development
- running the learning function as a business
- how this impacts on the role of a learning and development administrator
- the need to focus on customer expectations – and add value to the training department
The training / learning process
- the need to understand the process
- the administrator’s role within it
- putting the process into context – the training cycle
What makes a learning and development administrator successful?
- what is involved in the role
- the skills needed for success
- providing excellent customer service
The training policy
- our policy and commitment to train and develop staff at all levels
- the need to have a policy
- how we can use it to enhance learning in our organisation
Managing learning events
- an introduction to identifying training / learning needs
- highlighting alternative solutions to a training course
- keeping updated on current learning and development initiatives
- how this knowledge can help us give our customers excellent customer service
Summary of day 1
- key learning and action points
Blended learning solutions
- what is blended learning?
- how to integrate on-line and traditional learning
Designing user-friendly, professional, pre and post course documentation
- what information do we send to our customers?
- what image do we project through our documentation?
- what role does a questionnaire play in the evaluation process?
Checklists processes and procedures
- the need for effective checklists, processes and procedures.
- how to create them.
- costs and providing value for money.
Records and information
- what information must be recorded?
- review of current systems
- evaluating software systems.
Promoting learning activities
- your role in marketing the Learning and Development Department
- promoting learning
- encouraging others to take up opportunities. The way forward.
- putting ideas into action – a structured approach.
Course fees are as follows:
- Non-member: £1,010 + VAT
Member: £905 + VAT
This course can also be run in-house, where the content can be tailored to suit organisational needs, providing a cost-effective solution to group training needs.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...