Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Organisation DesignCIPD Training
Organisation Design - 2 day course - CIPD Training
Advancing technologies, cost pressures, changing customer requirements and different employee expectations are some of the things organisations have to grapple with as they re-organise to meet competitor and market challenges. If you’re faced with the challenge of reorganising, restructuring, or changing other aspects of your organisation, the Organisation Design course gives you straight forward frameworks and practical tools to design an effective organisational infrastructure.
The programme starts with assessing the work that needs to be done to meet the business purpose and then shows participants how to design an optimal structure. Consideration is given to the factors that are impacting organisation designs and business models including: behavioral economics, social media, community building as we move to mobile, remote, and virtual working, trends in office space design aimed at both saving on real estate and energy costs and improving worker health, productivity, and morale, and the acceleration of new types of technology and the potential this has for disrupting the way we do things in organisations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This practical and interactive course is designed for HR practitioners, line managers, or internal/external HR and organisational development consultants, involved in planning or supporting structural changes in an organisation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- describe the features and benefits of the various models of change and organisation design
- decide whether the organisation issue merits organisation design or redesign
- make informed structural decisions in relation to the organisation or business issue
- assess the organisation’s readiness for change
- engage stakeholders in the design project
- consider the risks involved in the design project
- review the project as it proceeds
- use techniques and tools to generate stakeholder buy in to the new design
- identify the organisation capability needed to sustain flexibility and adaptability.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The course content is as follows:
- Choosing an organisation design model and approach
- Making the case for organisation design
- Relating structural choices to business strategy
- Sequencing the work
- Deciding the role of HR in organisation design
- Review of day one
- Agreeing the programme governance
- Surfacing the risks in the organisation design project
- Involving leaders and other stakeholders
- Measuring progress during and after the design work.
- Action planning
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £910 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £995 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...