Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Organisation DesignCIPD Training
Organisation Design - 2 day course by CIPD training
In today's competitive scenario advancing technologies, cost pressures, changing customer requirements and different employee expectations are some of the things organisations have to grapple with as they re-organise to meet competitor and market challenges. The Organisation Design course gives participants straightforward frameworks and practical tools to design an effective organisational infrastructure when they are faced with the challenge of reorganising, restructuring, or changing other aspects of their respective organisations.
The programme starts with assessing the work that needs to be done to meet the business purpose and then shows participants how to design an optimal structure. Consideration is given to the factors that are impacting organisation designs and business models including: behavioral economics, social media, community building as the course further moves to mobile, remote, and virtual working, trends in office space design aimed at both saving on real estate and energy costs and improving worker health, productivity, and morale, and the acceleration of new types of technology and the potential this has for disrupting the way individuals do things in organisations.
Organisation Design course can also be run in-house for groups of participants at the client's location where the course content and delivery can be customised as per the specific requirement of the client.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This practical and interactive course is designed for HR practitioners, line managers, or internal/external HR and organisational development consultants, involved in planning or supporting structural changes in an organisation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this Organisation Design course will enable participants to:
- Gain an introduction to organisation design practice using tools and approaches which can be applied in any organisation context which requires design
- Practice applying organisation design methods and tools to own work situations
- Develop individual capability and confidence in taking the first steps in organisation design, focussing on the high level design stages
- Deepen understanding about when organisation design can benefit an organisation
- Have confidence to use the approaches, tools and techniques in a wide range of organisation design challenges
Training Course Content
The course content is as follows:
- Choosing an organisation design model and approach
- Making the case for organisation design
- Relating structural choices to business strategy
- Sequencing the work
- Agreeing the programme governance
- Deciding the role of HR in organisation design
- Surfacing the risks in the organisation design project
- Involving leaders and other stakeholders
- Measuring progress during and after the design work.
The course fee is as follows:
CIPD Member Price: £910 + VAT
Non-Member Price: £995 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...