Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology of Organisational Development and Change
Postgraduate Certificate in the Psychology of Organisational Development and Change
This Postgraduate Certificate in the Psychology of Organisational Development (OD) and Change provides participates with a strong psychology-based foundation in OD as well as its underlying theories, best practice and skills. During the course of this programme, participants will study OD processes, and use feedback from diagnostic models to identify underlying issues, explore data collection and analysis and learn how to perform an effective evaluation.
By the end of this certificate programme, participants will have a greater understanding of the role of the OD practitioner and how to consider the needs and perspectives of relevant stakeholder to advise on the redesign of organisation structures and work processes.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This postgraduate certificate is ideal for HR directors, learning and development specialists, internal/external consultants or anyone with responsibility for the OD function. Typically, you will also possess a degree-level qualification and/or relevant work experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This Postgraduate Certificate in the Psychology of Organisational Development and Change awards participants a qualification validated by Middlesex University.
Training Course Content
This Postgraduate Certificate in the Psychology of Organisational Development and Change is composed of the following modules:
- History and definition of OD
- A framework for the roots of OD practice – the theories upon which it is based
- Change management vs. organisation development
- The OD process:
- Contracting – the initial step in the OD process, clarifying the issue, moving beyond the presenting problem; diagnosis – using diagnostic models to identify the underlying issues
- Continuing the OD process:
- Data collection and analysis – exploring the issue and collecting the evidence for action
- Feeding back diagnostic information – designing a process that ensures ownership of the data
- Designing interventions around organisational issues – examining different types of interventions
- The individual and change – what goes on inside people when dealing with change, the factors that link to increased commitment
- Evaluation – determining whether/how it worked
- Guest speaker – discussing real-life case studies of blending psychological theory with organisational development interventions.
- The ethical practice of OD, examining the principles and values that underlie our own practice.
- Examining a selection of OD interventions in-depth.
- Performance management, examining the performance management process as a system that aligns employee work behaviour and motivation with successful business strategy and employee engagement
- Team effectiveness and building high-performing teams
- Process consultation, understanding and using the principles of process consultation to work with groups
- Organisational design and structure – Structuring an organisation around the work and the people to increase effectiveness while enhancing the quality of the human work experience.
- ‘Downsizing’ and the organisation development practitioner’s increasing role in this process. Organisational culture, the effect of cultural context on the OD process.
- Large group interventions, concepts and methods for working with whole systems and for using large group interventions to facilitate desired change towards shared goals.
- Through carefully crafted exercises, participants will have an opportunity to develop their OD skills and put into practice the theories and knowledge they have gained over the course. You will leave with an action plan, knowledge, skills, and confidence to support your organisation.
The cost for this certificate course is:
- Full Up-Front Qualification Fee: £4,830 + VAT
- Member Fees: £4,350 + VAT
Please note that fees do not include travel or accommodation or student membership of CIPD, which is mandatory for this qualification.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...