Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Postgraduate Certificate in Talent and Career ManagementCIPD Training
Postgraduate Certificate in Talent and Career Management
Postgraduate Certificate in Talent and Career Management-- Multiple Start Dates
Talent management allows organisations to add value by developing their human resources. This Postgraduate Certificate in Talent and Career Management equips students with skills related to important controls in talent management such as developing strategies as well as audits and review processes.
Putting the right leadership in place helps ensure future success and this programme introduces managers to methods for encouraging the development of high potential talent as well as how to use individual assessment tools to make talent management decisions. During the programme's duration, students will also become familiar with valuable career coaching techniques to assist career development as well as tools for modifying their own personal career plans.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification is ideal for those looking to move into the field of talent or career management or are seeking to develop coaching or consulting skills. Those already employed in a related function such as development or recruitment would also benefit from this programme.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this Postgraduate Certificate in Talent and Career Management, students are awarded 60 CATS points at the Postgraduate level. Additionally, the certificate qualification is validated by the University of Surrey.
Training Course Content
- Overview of the qualification programme structure and planning
- Completing a talent management audit
- Key research on talent management in organisations
- External context – using the PESTLE model to identify influential external factors including political, economic. social and technological background
- Sources of information and critical review process
- CIPD market outlook survey case study.
- Career management – alternative theory and strategies
- Case study – social networking
- Barriers to be overcome and making the business case
- Internal context – global organisation
- Researching your own organisation
- Assignment preparation.
- Research quiz
- The learning organisation
- Competencies – the base for job profiling and skill assessment
- How development works – the research
- gap analysis for development planning
- constructing a development plan
- development tracking, coaching and ROI
- giving and receiving feedback
- 360 feedback – essentials
- Case study on high-potential succession planning.
- Talent management software
- Learning agility as an assessment of potential
- performance vs potential
- Succession planning
- talent review
- nine process box matrix
- Performance management
- appraisal, current research
- line management role
- objective setting and development
- Role of coaching
- coaching skills
- how to choose, evaluate and manage coaching relationship.
- Where am I now in my career?
- Career management in context – organisational support
- Career management audit
- Career paths in organisations
- Key skills in career coaching
- Schein's career anchors
- Rapport building
- Active listening
- Case study exercise – introduction of a career management system.
- Practical issues
- career management in recession
- external vs internal coaching
- boundaries and supervision
- Tools for helping the client and coach
- Communication style exercise
- Assessment and guidance tools (including MBTI, Holland, personality, interest and aptitude questionnaire)
- Career management within organisations
- reputation management
- personal branding
- networking theory and practice
- Personal action planning.
The cost for this certificate course is:
- Full Up-Front Qualification Fee: £4,355 + VAT
- Member Fees: £4,840 + VAT
The fee includes
- tuition on six face-to-face workshop days
- course materials
- text books
- Talent Management and Succession Planning Toolkit
- support from a personal coach including five hours of structured coaching conversations throughout the programme
- access to the Virtual Learning Environment which contains additional resources, reference lists, the EBSCO Online Journal Service and a discussion forum
- self-assessment tool
- assessment of assignments
- monitoring and external moderation of the Certificate.
Please note that fees do not include travel or accommodation.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...