Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Project Fundamentals QualificationCIPD Training
Project Fundamentals Qualification - CIPD Training
Employers in all sectors and industries are looking for good project management skills to speed up innovation and effectively manage change. This two-day programme will enable participants to manage projects more effectively, or contribute more effectively to a project team, through the application of a systematic project framework and the use of helpful project tools and techniques.
The qualification is designed to give a broad introduction to anyone involved in project working. No prior knowledge is necessary. The certificate is accredited by the Association of Project Management, and will enable individuals to take an active part in and make a positive contribution to a project team.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Project Fundamentals Qualification is ideal for everyone who is involved in project working and who wants to understand the principles of excellent project management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Prepare appropriate project documentation
- Recognise good teamwork and describe key roles
- Understand risk and quality management
- Use appropriate change control procedures
- Use key project management tools and techniques
- Describe the importance of handover and closure
- Understand the need for post project review.
The Project Fundamentals Qualification is awarded by the Association of Project Management (APM). The Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification at foundation level.
To be awarded the Certificate, participants must attend the two-day training course and pass the Association of Project Management (APM) one-hour, multiple-choice exam.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
During this course, the topics covered include:
Projects, Programmes and Portfolios
The Project Context An introduction to project life cycles and key success factors
Initiating a project
- establishing the objectives and scope of work
- defining the needs of stakeholders
- establishing a clear business case
- agreeing key roles and responsibilities
Creating a project plan
- project definitions; work, product and organisational breakdown structures
- networks, critical path analysis, risk management, Gantt charts and milestone charts
- an introduction to quality management, assurance and control
Techniques for estimating resources in projects
Resourcing the plan
- how to ensure that the plan is fully resourced, through resource histograms and resource levelling
The project communication plan
- communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, and gain commitment from the team
Building the team
- overview of team development and roles
Monitoring and controlling projects
- tools and techniques
- How to hand over to the operational team effectively
Project closure and learning review
- how to close projects well and identify lessons learned
Individual action planning
The 1-hour multiple-choice exam
The cost of the programme is as follows:
- Non-member Fee: £1,025 + VAT
- CIPD members Fee: £935 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...