Recruiting Within the Law - 1 day course - CIPD Training
The 1-day Recruiting within the Law course is designed to explain and review the impact of employment law throughout the recruitment process. During this course participants will learn all that they need to know about the legal principles that apply to recruitment and selection.
This provider has changed its terms and conditions to allow for rebooking/an amended cancellation policy in light of COVID-19
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for HR practitioners or line managers responsible for recruitment within their organisation. No prior knowledge of the law on recruitment is required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the law relating to recruitment and selection
- Advise your organisation on how to handle recruitment issues effectively within the law and according to best practice
- Ensure that your organisation’s recruitment policies and procedures comply with the law.
Training Course Content
The training content for this programme is as follows:
Right person – right job
- Job descriptions and person specifications, application forms
- Do’s and don’ts of the recruitment process
- Interviewing and use of psychometric tests
Before starting work
- Offers: oral and written
- What makes a contract
- References and medicals
- Avoiding illegal working
- Criminal convictions
- Work permits and visas
Establishing good working practices – to avoid discrimination:
- Race, sex, pregnancy/maternity, marital status/civil partnership, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief and gender reassignment discrimination
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Reasonable adjustments
- Equal pay issues
- Data protection issues and recruitment
Main contractual issues
- ‘Employees’ versus ‘workers’
- Agency workers
- Fixed-term and part-time contracts
- Providing a written statement of terms and conditions
- Implied and express terms in a contract
- Employing non-UK nationals and the law on immigration and employment
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Why choose CIPD Training
Over 100 years of experience
Join over 25,000 professionals currently studying
100+ short courses
- Non-member Fee: £545 + VAT
- Member Fee: £490+ VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Recruiting Within the Law course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
e-learning / Online / Distance
e-learning / Online / Distance