Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Recruiting Within the Law-- 1-Day Training Course by CIPD
The 1-day Recruiting within the Law course equips participants with a better understanding of the impact of employment law as it is related to the recruitment process. Through this CIPD training course, participants will become familiar with
- the law relating to recruitment and selection
- how to advise your organisation on addressing recruitment issues effectively within the law and according to best practice
- techniques for ensuring that your organisation’s recruitment policies and procedures comply with the law.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for HR practitioners or line managers responsible for recruitment within their organisation. No prior knowledge of the law on recruitment is required.
Training Course Content
The training content for this programme is as follows:
Right Person – Right Job
- job descriptions and person specifications, application forms
- do's and don'ts of the recruitment process
- interviewing and use of psychometric tests
Before Starting Work
- offers: oral and written
- references and medicals
- avoiding illegal working
- criminal convictions
- work permits and visas
Establishing Good Working Practices – to Avoid Discrimination:
- race, sex, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief and gender reassignment discrimination
- disability discrimination
- direct and indirect discrimination in the recruitment process
- reasonable adjustments
- equal pay issues
- data protection issues and recruitment
Main Contractual Issues
- ‘employees' versus ‘workers'
- agency workers
- fixed-term and part-time contracts
- providing a written statement of terms and conditions
- implied and express terms in a contract
- employing non-UK nationals and the law on immigration and employment.
The cost for this Recruiting Within the Law qualification is:
- Full Up-Front Qualification Fee: £545 + VAT
- Member Fees: £490+ VAT
This training course is also available in an in-house format in order to tailor content to suit your organisational needs. Cost effective if a number of people require training, enquire for more details.
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...