Introduction to Programming with PythonCity University London
Introduction to Programming with Python
With this hands-on course, you will learn how to think like a programmer and apply knowledge gained to practical exercises in class, having an experienced tutor present to answer questions.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental features of the Python programming language,
- Write procedural, object oriented and functional programs in Python.
Suitability - Who should attend?
You must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Training Course Content
- Python overview and the basic language elements: Introduction to Python, Variables, Loops, Main method, Conditional structures, Data structure.
- Debugging in Python (using pdb, PyCharm), How to read a program,
- File manipulation: Reading and writing files
- Object Oriented programming in Python: classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation. How to build a modular Python program.
- Introduction to the Python standard library.
- Testing in Python, Presentation of doctest and unit test.
- Error handling: exceptions.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
A short course is an excellent way to gain new expertise, advance skills or simply follow a passion. With courses in business, computing, writing, creative industries, languages and law there is something for everyone. Glimpse inside our short course community: hear from our industry-expert tutors and listen to students as they reflect on their learning experience.
City University London
City, University of London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for a hundred years. We are proud of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!