Introduction to Programming with Python
With this hands-on course, you will learn how to think like a programmer and apply knowledge gained to practical exercises in class, having an experienced tutor present to answer questions.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental features of the Python programming language,
- Write procedural, object oriented and functional programs in Python.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
You must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Training Course Content
- Python overview and the basic language elements: Introduction to Python, Variables, Loops, Main method, Conditional structures, Data structure.
- Debugging in Python (using pdb, PyCharm), How to read a program,
- File manipulation: Reading and writing files
- Object Oriented programming in Python: classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation. How to build a modular Python program.
- Introduction to the Python standard library.
- Testing in Python, Presentation of doctest and unit test.
- Error handling: exceptions.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
A short course is an excellent way to gain new expertise, advance skills or simply follow a passion. With courses in business, computing, writing, creative industries, languages and law there is something for everyone. Glimpse inside our short course community: hear from our industry-expert tutors and listen to students as they reflect on their learning experience.
City University London
City, University of London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for a hundred years. We are proud of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,995 GBP-2,295 GBP
1,120 GBP-1,195 GBP