Java 1: Object-Oriented Programming with Java Part 1City University London
Java 1: Object-Oriented Programming with Java Part 1
The Java 1: Object-Oriented Programming with Java Part 1 short course teaches object-oriented programming skills using Java, the "learn once, apply anywhere" language. It is the first part of a two term course aimed to cover the most important aspects of the Java language.
This first part teaches the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, like objects and classes, state, conditions, loops, collections, error handling and an overview of inheritance.
This is a great introduction to the fundamental concepts of object-oriented software engineering and development, such as classes, inheritance and polymorphism and is also recommended for students with no previous object oriented programming experience that want to study Android and iOS programming and C#.NET.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Know the key features of the Java programming language;
- Apply essential object-oriented programming concepts and techniques;
- Apply object-oriented programming techniques using Java;
- Explain the principles behind good object-oriented design.
Suitability - Who should attend?
You must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Training Course Content
- Introduction: Past/present of Java - learn once/run everywhere - Java on-line information (local/internet).
- Java overview and the basic language elements: Introduction to Java. Elements of Java programming. Review of programming constructs of the C family languages (Language structure, conventions. Variable and data types. Arrays. Operators. Expressions. For, if, while, do). Main method.
- Objects in Java: Objects, Classes, Packages, Generics, Inheritance, Interfaces.
- String classes, System classes, Collections.
- Error handling: Exceptions (unchecked exceptions, throw).
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
A short course is an excellent way to gain new expertise, advance skills or simply follow a passion. With courses in business, computing, writing, creative industries, languages and law there is something for everyone. Glimpse inside our short course community: hear from our industry-expert tutors and listen to students as they reflect on their learning experience.
City University London
City, University of London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for a hundred years. We are proud of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!