Microsoft Access VBA Programming
This fully hands-on evening course provides hundreds of example programs that you can modify and deploy in your own database work.
The course covers the three available object models (Access objects, DAO and ADO), explains the differences between them and how to use them confidently.
The course concludes with examples of how to extend Access to interact with the other Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Working knowledge of MS Access; basic programming as taught in VBA in Excel
You must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Training Course Content
- Introduction and overview
- Use Access objects to write programs to control Forms and Reports
- Transferring data to and from Excel and other databases
- Importing text files
- Placing advanced controls on Forms (subforms, combo boxes, toggle buttons, list boxes) and creating programs for their events
- An introduction to Access SQL
- The three types of loop that are used to make programs repeat commands (Do loops, For loops, For Each loops)
- Programming the DAO (Data Access Objects), the object model that is intrinsic to Access, with an emphasis on Record sets (programs that enable you to work with your data)
- Programming the ADO (Active X Data Objects), a component of Microsoft's universal data access strategy, including ADO record sets
- Connecting Access to other applications in both directions using OLE Automation and ADO, for example create an Excel chart from Access data.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
A short course is an excellent way to gain new expertise, advance skills or simply follow a passion. With courses in business, computing, writing, creative industries, languages and law there is something for everyone. Glimpse inside our short course community: hear from our industry-expert tutors and listen to students as they reflect on their learning experience.
City University London
City, University of London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for a hundred years. We are proud of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!