CompTIA A+ Technician
The CompTIA A+ Technician Course is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients. CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 900,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program’s inception. This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the A+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Technician.
- Existing A+ certified professionals required to keep their certification current.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience working in PC maintenance or troubleshooting.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in PC Support from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CompTIA certification.
Training Course Content
- Hardware: The central processing unit; Slot types and display devices; Input devices, ports, cables, and cooling systems; Storage devices; Installing and configuring computer components; Troubleshooting computer components
- Networking: Cable and connectors; installing networks; Network devices and troubleshooting
- Laptops and Portable devices; Working with laptops and portable devices; Configuring laptop power options; Using laptop peripherals; Troubleshooting laptops; Preventive maintenance for laptops
- Printers Set-up; Configuring and Troubleshooting.
- Safety, Environment and Customer Issues: Safety in the workplace; Hazards and safety precautions; Proper disposal procedures; Communication skills; Professional behaviour.
- Practice Exams.
- Operating Systems: Installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux.
- Configuring: Setting up windows; OS Troubleshooting and Maintenance.
- Security: Hardware, software, and wireless security; Data and physical security; Installing and configuring security; Troubleshooting security; Maintaining security.
- Fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
- Troubleshooting: PCs, mobile devices, drives, motherboard problems, printers, laptops.
- Practice Exams.
Course delivery details
This A+ Technician Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams comprise a maximum of 90 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
The price of this course is £355. Exam fees are not included in the course price.
There is also a special offer of any 2 CompTIA courses for £455 - please contact CMIT for more information.
College of Management and IT (CMIT)
College of Management and IT (CMIT) provides online accredited eLearning courses across the UK and Ireland. We are an approved Institute of Leadership ILM, provider in the UK and Ireland. Our ILM courses include Level 4, Level 5 and Level...
Find out more about this CompTIA A+ Technician course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!