ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management - General ManagementCollege of Management and IT (CMIT)
ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management - General Management
This certificate course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with a comprehensive overview of Management and Leadership in practice. Course topics include a review of management and leadership styles and their use in the modern organisation. Learners will assess their own management and leadership styles and capabilities and their impact on daily management practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Anyone in a management or leadership role with an organisation.
- Newly appointed or existing managers and supervisors.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 3 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
Training Course Content
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Managing Improvement
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
- Business Improvement Planning
- Performance Standards
- Action Planning
- Monitoring Results
Unit 3: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
Course delivery details
By choosing to study this ILM Management course – General Management course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Why choose College of Management and IT (CMIT)
Triple finalist at 2020 Education Awards. Triple finalist at 2019 Education Awards.
Winner at 2018 Education Awards. Digital Media Awards 2016 Award Winner.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality System - ISO is an internationally recognised quality management system (QMS) standard.
- Course Fee: £455
- Certification Fee: £50 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
College of Management and IT (CMIT)
College of Management and IT (CMIT) provides online accredited eLearning courses across the UK and Ireland. We are an approved Institute of Leadership ILM, provider in the UK and Ireland. Our ILM courses include Level 4, Level 5 and Level...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management - General Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
2,416 GBP-2,685 GBP