Blogging (level 4): Overview
CMP's online blogging course will equip you with the skills you need to build and maintain a top-quality blog that attracts visitors.
The course offers the chance to share your opinions and passions with the entire online community.
Without the right training and guidance, you run the risk of failure.
CMP's blogging course teaches you a proven way to get your blog up and running in a short amount of time, even if you are a complete beginner.
CMP also teach you how to generate ideas for posts and strategies for promoting your blog.
In addition, you will learn how to apply media law to blogging, so you avoid falling foul of the rules relating to libel and copyright.
CMP's comprehensive blogging course will teach you how to:
- identify a great subject to blog about
- create and design your blog using standard web tools
- write interesting and entertaining posts
- promote your blog on social media platforms and optimise it for search engines
- engage visitors, generate comments on your posts and increase site traffic
Successful blogging is hugely satisfying, if you go about it the right way.
CMP's teaching materials are produced by experts and the assignments allow you to apply the skills you are learning, straight to your blog.
CMP can even design and build a blog for you for a small fee, so you don't have to worry about the technical aspects when you are getting started.
Accreditation and Endorsements
It's important that you study with a provider you can trust. CMP have been successfully delivering our online courses since 2003, and are one of the most trusted and respected names in the industry.
This blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme.
CMP are also fully accredited by the EADL and CPD, and are listed on the UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the government's Department for Education.
Duration and Hours
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to. The duration of this course is 30 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you, and study at a pace you're completely comfortable with.
There are no fixed start dates, you can enrol at any time.
Blogging course Tutor: Nick Glaves
As a blogging course learner, you will work 1-2-1 with Nick Glaves, who is a professional blogger, PR consultant and journalist.
He has been involved in writing throughout his career.
As a journalist, he developed the ability to write clearly, concisely and with the reader in mind, and transferred those skills in to writing for the web.
He will mentor you, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice.
This course has attracted plenty of positive course reviews, like the one below. You can read all of them on our own website, or on the reviews section to the right hand side of this page.
Suitability - Who should attend?
CMP's Blogging course is suitable for existing and aspiring bloggers looking to create interactive blogs that get noticed.
It is ideal for those with looking to showcase their current skills or looking to make a career of pro blogging.
You may be a complete beginner, or an experienced writer looking to add another string to your bow.
There are no requirements for this course, it's for beginners, or for people wanting to refresh or redefine their skills.
What will I need?:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- W-Fi, 4G, or broadband
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
*This course is also suitable for Apple Mac users.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CMP's blogging course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in blogging, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified blogger.
These certifications will enable you to apply for blogging and content writing jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Training Course Content
Blogging course subjects
This comprehensive blogging course covers every aspect of blogging. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of blogging.
All blogging course assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of your course.
Lesson 01: Starting your blog
- Learn how to name, create and design your own blog, using standard web tools.
- Apply these techniques by creating a real-world blog.
- State some of the common terminology used in blogging.
Lesson 02: What to write
- Describe the purpose of an effective post.
- Explain the purpose of researching and forming a valid opinion for each post.
- Apply these techniques to a real-world exercise.
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your blog’s target reader.
- Explain how to adapt your writing style to suit their needs.
- Apply these factors to a blog post.
Lesson 04: Blog writing techniques
- List the key techniques used in writing good blog posts.
- Apply those techniques to real-world exercises.
Lesson 05: Use of images, audio and videos
- Understand the importance of images and other content.
- Know where to source images from.
- Understand the key points of copyright law that applies to bloggers.
Lesson 06: Using social media
- Understand the most effective social media for bloggers.
- Use social media to amplify your blog’s reach.
Lesson 07: Writing SEO friendly blog content
- Explain what an SEO article is.
- Define what an SEO article is intended to achieve.
- List the stages involved in writing an SEO article.
- Demonstrate how to identify key search words.
- Explain how to use keywords in an article.
- Apply these objectives to a range of practical exercises.
Lesson 08: Pay per click ads
- Understand what a PPC ad is.
- Look at PPC advertising across the web.
- Write a Google Ads advert with keyword identification.
Lesson 09: Proofreading your content
- List a proofreader’s personal qualities.
- Explain what a proofreader does.
- Discuss effective proofreading methods, disciplines and techniques.
- Describe how to proofread your own content.
Lesson 10: Monetising your blog
- Understand the different ways you can make money from your blog.
- Apply these techniques to you own blog.
Lesson 11: Keeping your blog legal
- List the laws that can affect bloggers in the UK.
- Explain the implications of those laws.
- Define how to write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel.
Lesson 12: Maintaining your blog
- List the techniques available to ensure your blog’s long-term popularity.
- Apply these techniques to a real-world blog.
The price of this course is £494.50 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over four interest free monthly payments of £123.62.
You can pay using one of the following options:
- Online credit or debit card payment
- Bank transfer (online banking)
- Employer invoice (purchase order)
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
College of Media and Publishing
There are significant advantages by studying at a genuine online college that is fully accredited, quality endorsed and registered by the UK government. Whether you want to learn new skills at home or develop your career at work, our online...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 11 reviews.
Find out more about this Blogging Level 4 Diploma course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams