Business Writing (QLS Level 4): Overview
CMP's business writing course equips you with the skills you need to produce effective and persuasive professional communications.
From emails and reports to webpages and social media content. Every organisation has a constant need for a variety of internal and external written communications.
However, many organisations send out badly-written documents, text which is full of grammatical errors and communications that are hard to read.
CMP's comprehensive business writing course teaches you how to produce clear, concise and reader-friendly communications that boost your employability and enhance the reputation of your organisation.
This comprehensive business writing course will teach you how to:
- write simple, effective and error-free business communications
- put together persuasive proposals, compelling newsletters and winning promotional copy
- produce results-driven web pages that attract clients and customers
- create tailored content for blogs and social media platforms
If you struggle to compose professional communications, our online business writing course will teach you how to put your thoughts on paper, clearly and effectively.
For many organisations, writing is treated as a secondary skill or even an after-thought.
However, professional and readable business communications can set you and your organisation apart from the competition.
CMP's online business writing course takes you back-to-basics and helps you develop your skills, with tutor support every step of the way.
We train you how to write communications which are grammatically correct, easy-to-read and convey the exact message you want to get across.
You will also learn how to construct webpages, business blogs and social media content that get results.
CMP's Accreditation and Memberships
It's important that you study with a provider you can trust. We have been successfully delivering our online courses since 2003, and are one of the most trusted and respected names in the industry.
We are fully accredited by the ABCC and the EADL, and are listed on the UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the government's Department for Education and Skills.
We are also corporate members of:
- Learning and Work Institute (L&W)
- National Union of Students (NUS)
- Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
Duration and Hours
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to. The duration of this course is 60 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you - we offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits.
You can enrol when you like and begin whenever suits you. There are no fixed start dates.
This is How the Course Works
We sometimes limit student numbers on each course to a monthly quota. This is to ensure we provide you with the highest quality tutorial support.
- After you enrol, we send you our Enrolment pack, this explains how we work, and lays out some general guidelines.
- You then email us for your login details for our Online Learning Area (OLA).
- You log in to the OLA to access your course materials and other features
- You study one lesson at a time, complete some tasks, and email us with queries
- You can ask other students for support by using the OLA's Student chat feature
- You complete the exercises and assignments and submit them for marking
- Your tutor will return them, with suggestions, comments, and a grade. You can resubmit your work to achieve a higher grade, if it is not up to standard
- You proceed to the next lesson, and so on, until you finish the course.
- We send you our Graduation pack.
- We then send your diploma in the post. The level will be determined by your average coursework grade. A = Distinction. B = Merit. C = Pass.
We can also help you find work, help you develop your career, and offer expert advice at no additional fee.
Course Tutor: Cleland Thom
We provide you with a personal course tutor who will work with you 1-2-1 and mentor you through the course.
Cleland has provided writing training for some of the UK's biggest businesses and websites, including Intel, Sony and United Utilities.
He is a leading blogger, with regular a column at the Press Gazette which attracts thousands of hits every week. He also contributes to several other sites.
He will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
This course has attracted plenty of positive course reviews, like the one below. You can read all of them on our own website, or on the reviews section to the right of this page.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to develop enhanced writing skills that will benefit them as well as the company or organisation they work for.
There are no requirements for this course, it's for beginners, or for people wanting to refresh or redefine their skills.
All you'll need is:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- W-Fi, 4G, or broadband
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
This course is also suitable for Apple Mac users.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This business writing course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in business writing, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified business writer.
These certifications will enable you to apply for a wide range of writing jobs, apply your new skills in the workplace or find freelance work.
Training Course Content
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of business writing.
Lesson 01: An introduction to English writing
- How to write attractive and effective text
- Write with your reader in mind
Lesson 02: Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use techniques and resources to improve your spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use appropriate and adaptable English grammar in your writing
Lesson 03: Expressing information accurately
- Analyse words and phrases to convey the correct meaning
- Apply techniques to ensure written content is accurate
Lesson 04: Avoiding jargon
- Define what jargon is and how to avoid it
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate uses of jargon
- Write words, phrases and sentences to eliminate jargon
Lesson 05: Writing for the web
- Learn skills that make web content relevant, focused and easy to read
- Write effective web content
Lesson 06: Writing effective business emails
- Explain the problems that emerge when writing and handling emails
- Apply email etiquette
- Use techniques that will make emails consistent, effective and readable
Lesson 07: Business letters and correspondence
- State why etiquette is important when writing business letters
- List the main points of etiquette needed for business letters
- Build the content of a letter from a skeleton
- Write an effective covering letter for a job application
Lesson 08: Writing summaries
- Identify when summaries are useful
- Prepare a document for summarising
- Reduce the number of words and prioritise the facts in a summary
Lesson 09: Persuasive business writing
- When persuasive writing skills are needed
- Apply effective persuasive writing techniques
Lesson 10: Writing reports
- Why reports are used
- What most reports contain
- Plan, structure and write an effective a report
Lesson 11: Proofreading your work
- Effective techniques for checking your work
- Proofread your work on paper and on screen
The cost of this course is £494.50 - VAT included.
CMP aim to make our courses as accessible and affordable as possible. We offer a range of different payment methods, including:
- Online credit or debit card payment
- Payment by telephone using credit or debit card
- Direct bank transfer
- Employer invoice
We also offer monthly instalments at no additional cost. The payment plan for this course is: 4 monthly payments of £123.62
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
College of Media and Publishing
There are significant advantages by studying at a genuine online college that is fully accredited, quality endorsed and registered by the UK government. Whether you want to learn new skills at home or develop your career at work, our online...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews.
Find out more about this Business Writing (QLS Level 4) course - simply fill out your details: