Copywriting course (level 4)
Our online copywriting course equips you with the skills you need to become a successful, skilled and in-demand copywriter.
We teach you to write original, persuasive and informative content, that gets results.
As well as helping hundreds of individuals, this course is also used by businesses to train their staff.
Our clients include some of the world's most respected corporations, including Disney, Arsenal FC, Intel, BT and Sony.
Organisations like these have a constant need for a variety of marketing copy, including:
- brochures, leaflets and magazine inserts
- promotional articles and features
- webpages, blog posts and social media content
This course teaches you how to handle all of these projects and more.
We teach every aspect of copywriting so you feel confident marketing yourself to potential clients.
You will learn how to present your copy professionally, conduct effective research and comply with all the relevant codes of practice governing advertising.
Our comprehensive copywriting course will teach you how to:
- craft copy that engages the reader and persuades them to take positive action
- adapt your writing for different markets and formats
- understand the principles of search engine optimisation and writing for social media, write direct mail pieces, promotional copy and advertorials
- find paid work and effectively sell your services to potential clients
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
We have an excellent track record in helping our copywriting learners find jobs, set up as successful freelancers and apply new skills to their current roles. See examples on our own website.
Duration and Hours
The duration of this course is flexible. You fit your studies around your lifestyle, and learn at a pace you're completely comfortable with.
Course Tutor: Justine Holman
On this course, you’ll be working with 1-2-1 with Justine Holman, who is a professional copywriter and copywriting consultant.
Justine will mentor you through the course, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice whenever you need it.
She has written copy for many large publications, including Elle, The Express, Chat, Women’s Weekly, TV Times and Just 17.
Justine also has experience in running integrated campaigns combining PR, social media and developing content.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our copywriting course is suitable for people of all ages and abilities. it's ideal for:
- beginners wanting to become professional copywriters
- people who need to write effective copy, as part of their job roles
- individuals looking to improve their writing skills
- marketing teams who need additional training
- small businesses and freelancers who want to get more clients
- experienced writers looking to refresh or redefine their skills
What will I need?:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- W-Fi, 4G, or broadband
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
* This course is also suitable for Apple Mac users.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Our copywriting coursehas been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in copywriting, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified copywriter.
These certifications will enable you to apply for copywriting, content writing and social media jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Training Course Content
Copywriting course subjects:
This course covers every aspect of copywriting. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of copywriting. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Copywriting basics
- Examine what a copywriter does, and the qualities they need.
- Describe different types of copy.
- Recognise different good and bad copy.
Lesson 02: Copy presentation
- Submit copy to various platforms in recognised formats.
- Create an industry-standard cover sheet.
Lesson 03: Researching your subject
- Carry out fast and effective internet research.
- Use the information to improve copy.
Lesson 04: Terminology
- Be aware of specialist copywriting terminology.
- Locate online glossaries.
- Translate common terms in to layman’s English.
Lesson 05: Industry codes of practice
- Explain the need for codes of practice within the copywriting industry.
- State where to find the relevant codes online.
- Understand what the codes say and how to apply them.
Lesson 06: How to write great copy
- Define the qualities needed to make copy attractive and effective.
- Explain the need to write with your reader in mind.
- Explain the importance of good spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Define the techniques that apply to most spheres of writing.
Lesson 07: Writing effective headlines
- Explain the qualities of an effective headline.
- Describe the principles and techniques involved in writing headlines.
Lesson 08: Writing effective advertising content
- Define what an advertising feature is.
- Explain why advertising features are used and why they can be effective.
- Explain how to choose original subjects for advertising features.
- List the writing techniques used to make advertising features effective.
Lesson 09: Writing direct mail and email
- Explain when direct mailshots can be used effectively.
- Define the qualities that help direct mail copy to have impact and success.
- Explain how headings can be used effectively.
- Define how email shots are different and the qualities needed to make effective use of them.
Lesson 10: Writing press releases
- Define the qualities that help press releases to have impact and success.
- List the occasions when the use of press releases is appropriate.
- Define the importance of a press letter and when it can be used effectively.
- Explain the importance of presenting, and sending, press releases correctly.
Lesson 11: Writing press advertisements
- Understand what a press ad is.
- See the briefing process and your role within it.
- Work on the four key elements of an ad.
- How to write a press ad.
- Write for business to business publications.
Lesson 12: Writing for sales and promotion
- Explain and use techniques used in promotional copy, which covers anything to do with selling to businesses or consumers, including:
- Sales proposals.
- Point-of-sale materials (posters, cut-outs etc).
Lesson 13: Leaflets and brochures
- Understand what a brochure and leaflet are and how they compare.
- See why a business would choose either a brochure or a leaflet.
- Identify the key elements included in a brochure and leaflet.
- Write a successful leaflet.
- Produce a brochure containing the main components.
Lesson 14: Writing articles for SEO
- Explain what an SEO article is and what it is intended to achieve.
- List the stages involved in writing an SEO article.
- Demonstrate how to identify key search words.
Lesson 15: Using social media and blogs
- Understand the basics of social media.
- Discuss the differences and similarities between social media sites.
- Discuss the copywriter’s role in social media marketing.
- Explain how to write social media copy.
- Know what a blog is, and how to start and maintain one.
Lesson 16: Pay per click ads
- Understand what a pay per click advert is.
- Look at pay per click advertising across the web.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of Google AdWords.
- Write an AdWords advert with keyword identification.
- Help clients with Google AdWords and earn a living.
Lesson 17: Newsletters
- Write and compile a newsletter.
- Understand what is included in a newsletter.
- Compile newsletters for a specific audience.
- Explain the relevance of newsletters to ecommerce.
Lesson 18: Brand names and sales presentations
- Understand how to develop a brand name.
- Write sales presentations.
- Find out where outdoor advertising is relevant and how to engage with it.
Lesson 19: Finding work and developing your career
- List strategies for promoting your web presence.
- Select appropriate ways to start finding copywriting and editing work.
- Explain how to negotiate fees and tie up details of copywriting jobs.
Price and payment
The price of our copywriting course is £494.50 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over three monthly instalments of £123.62.
This price includes tutorial support, learning materials and everything else. There are no hidden charges.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
College of Media and Publishing
There are significant advantages by studying at a genuine online college that is fully accredited, quality endorsed and registered by the UK government. Whether you want to learn new skills at home or develop your career at work, our online...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 56 reviews
Find out more about this Copywriting Level 4 Diploma course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!