Public Relations course (level 4)
Our industry recognised online public relations course equips you with the skills you need to handle public relations and social media marketing for a range of organisations.
It is more important than ever for businesses and other professional organisations to get the right message out to the media and public.
They must also be able to effectively manage their online reputation and handle any PR crises that arise.
Through our comprehensive PR course, you will gain the confidence and training you need to work in a variety of communications-based roles, using traditional marketing channels and multimedia platforms.
You will also develop additional skills, such as newswriting, conducting interviews, and organising press conferences.
The course also allows you to gather points for the Chartered Institute of Public Relations continuing professional development scheme
Our comprehensive online PR course will teach you how to:
- write effective press releases and distribute them to the right outlets
- develop lasting and productive working relationships with journalists and editors
- get the most out of social media
- plan and implement targeted PR strategies that get results
Our Accreditation and Memberships
It's important that you study with a provider you can trust. We have been successfully delivering our online courses since 2003, and are one of the most trusted and respected names in the industry.
We are fully accredited by the ABCC, IADL and EADL, and are listed on the UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the government's Department for Education and Skills.
Duration and Hours
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to. The duration of this course is 80 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you - we offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits.
You can enrol when you like and begin whenever suits you. There are no fixed start dates.
Course Tutor: Andy Carter
We provide you with a personal course tutor, who will work with you 1-2-1 and mentor you through the course.
Andy Carter is our PR course tutor. He has been in charge of PR and communications at Leeds city council, Northumbria university, the London Borough of Sutton and Peterborough city council.
He now runs his own PR consultancy.
He will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This online Public Relations course is suitable for anyone looking to develop the skills to work effectively in PR and/or digital marketing.
There are no requirements for this course, it's for beginners, or for people wanting to refresh or develop their skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Public relations course certifications
Our public relations course course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in public relations, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified public relations expert.
These certifications will enable you to apply for PR, comms and social media jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Training Course Content
Public Relations course subjects:
Lesson 01: An introduction to PR
- Understand the role of public relations
- Recognise good and bad PR
- Appreciate what makes a good PR professional
- Build relationships with journalists
Lesson 02: Newswriting techniques
- Why a PR needs to master newswriting techniques
- Write intros, sells and headings
- Write well-constructed copy
- Adapt your writing style to suit a web audience
Lesson 03: Writing effective press releases
- Recognise when it is appropriate to use press releases and press letters
- Send press releases and press letters in the correct format, to the right outlets and at the right time
Lesson 04: Communicating with the media
- Issue effective statements to the media
- Conduct interviews with journalists
- Deal confidently with journalists' questions
Lesson 05: Online PR
- Understand the basics of social media
- Define how social media can be used in PR
- Devise a social media plan
- Set up, maintain and grow your own blog
- Identify when a PR can use video
- Understand how to prepare, shoot and edit videos for PR
Lesson 06: Handling a crisis
- Understand crisis communications
- Write a crisis communications plan
- Manage reputation in a crisis
- Tweet effectively during a crisis
Lesson 07: Using TV and radio
- List how TV and radio can be used for PR
- Produce suitable content for TV and radio
Lesson 08: Organising a press conference
- Understand the role a press conference plays in PR
- Organise and manage a press conference
Lesson 09: Law and reputation management
- How media law and regulatory codes can be used as media management tools - pre, and post publication
- Manage online reputation, proactively and reactively
Lesson 10: Using other PR tools
- Recognise other PR tools and when to use them
- Use case studies, white papers, ebooks, videos and podcasts for PR
Lesson 11: Running a PR campaign
- When and how to run a PR campaign
- Select the right campaign components
- Organise an effective PR campaign
The cost of this course is £494.50 - VAT included.
We aim to make our courses as accessible and affordable as possible. We offer a range of different payment methods, including:
- Online credit or debit card payment
- Payment by telephone using credit or debit card
- Direct bank transfer
- Employer invoice
- Purchase order
We also provide monthly instalments at no additional cost. The payment plan for this course is: 4 monthly payments of £123.62.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
College of Media and Publishing
There are significant advantages by studying at a genuine online college that is fully accredited, quality endorsed and registered by the UK government. Whether you want to learn new skills at home or develop your career at work, our online...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews.
Find out more about this Public Relations Level 4 Diploma course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
City of London