Social Media Strategy:
This course is ideal for a business owner who wishes to harness the power of social media to increase their prospects.
These skills would also be useful for PAs, EAs, Office Managers, Marketing Assistants, Business Development Managers as well as others involved in PR, event management and promotion.
You will learn how social media can be used in business for marketing purposes. It will ensure that you use the correct tools and interact with the appropriate audience for your business.
By the end of this course, you will create a social media strategy, a social media policy and a content plan.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Qualification awarded by the course provider.
On completion of a practical assignment, a CPD certification will be awarded (17 CPD credits).
Training Course Content
Written in plain English and avoiding technical jargon, this course is aimed at business people who want to create an effective social media strategy for their business. It covers everything that you need to know and is broken down into manageable learning objects:
Learning object 1 - Setting the Scene
- What is social media and what are the benefits?
- Why use Social Media?
- What worries you and excites you?
- Taking a strategic approach.
- The social media cycle
- The importance of listening
Learning Object 2 - Review
- Current or traditional marketing methods
- Brands and values
- What does success mean?
- Types of marketing materials
- Current use of social media in the business
- Action points
Learning Object 3 – Aims and Audience
- Reasons and aims for using social media for marketing
- The impact on the type and size of the business on the social media tools chosen
- Typical audience groups on social media
- Identifying the social media audience of your business
- The keywords of the business
Learning Object 4 – Channels
- Niche tools (Snapchat, Foursquare, Digital Vouchers)
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Videos and Podcasts
- Pinterest and Instagram
- Social Bookmarking
- Digital Advertising
- Mobile marketing
Learning Object 5 - Content
- What is content?
- Content or Relationship marketing
- Content ideas
- Content curation
- Creating a content plan
- Re-using content
Learning Object 6 – Resources
- What resources does the business need to carry out social media?
- Outsourcing social media
- Social Media Policies
- The risks of social media
- Identifying training needs
- How to manage a crisis on social media
Learning Object 7 – Measure
- How to measure what you are doing on social media
- What constitutes success on social media?
- Social metrics map
- What success means for the business
- Tools to measure success
Learning Object 8 - Putting it all Together
- Getting started with social media
- Creating a social media strategy
- Do's and Don'ts on social media
- Starting again
Full support via our online forum, email and Skype.
Why choose Concise Training
All courses updated every 6 months
Support available with each course
Practical, in-depth training in plain English covering both why and how of each digital marketing channel
Concise Training has been teaching businesses and individuals to use social media and digital marketing since 2009. We first created our short unaccredited e-learning courses in 2012 - updating them every six months since. The courses have been taken by...
Average rating 4.8Based on 16 reviews.
Find out more about this Social Media Strategy course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams