Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
50 Things Every PM Needs to Know - Project Management Bootcamp
The Project Management Boot Camp - 50 Things Every PM Needs to Know : 1 day course
This recently updated one-day training course in Project Management will provide a tool kit for existing and potential project managers on the do’s and don’ts of successful project management.This Boot Camp training has become increasingly popular and yielded excellent feedback.
The course provides an intense but focused review of the principle areas of Project Management and gives delegates hands-on exercises in programming, stakeholder management, working structures, people types and project monitoring.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This The Project Management Boot Camp – 50 things every PM needs to know course is designed to benefit those in the building and construction industries who are required to have a thorough understanding of how to deal with condensation, damp and rot.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A 6 hour CPD certificate will be awarded after course completion.
The Project Management Boot Camp course content
The Effective Project Manager
• Establishing criteria for effectiveness
• Leadership role explained
• Knowing the stakeholders’ needs
• Understanding project constraints
• Identifying project aims and goals
• Defining the concept and the business case
• Identifying the key development stages
• Planning implementation
• Confirming hand over
• Final close out timing
• What is the project management plan?
• Understanding project life cycle concepts
• Creating a work breakdown structure
• Establish an effective communications plan
• Identifying the organisation breakdown structure
• Identifying the risks
• Managing the risk through risk meetings
• Appointing risk champions
• Understanding the dynamics of risk management
• Controlling the risk plan
• Motivating the team
• How to delegate effectively
• Dealing with ‘obstructions’
• Responding to spoken, written and silent language
• Knowing people types
• What is a programme?
• Knowing the types of programme
• Understanding basic Gantt charts
• Terms used in programming
• Critical path analysis
Control of Projects
• How to manage conflict
• How to monitor progress simply
• Keeping an eye on KPIs
• Reviewing with feedback
• Review the PMP
• Configuration management
• Change control
• Tools for valuing change
• ‘Don’t forgets’ when dealing with change
• Rescheduling with change
Earned Value Analysis
• Mixing time, cost & quality
• Monitoring project using earned value – understanding cost & programme performance
• Knowing RIRO!
• Calibrating EVA
• Careful definition of the stage
• Plan for the completion
• Avoiding unwanted termination
• Post implementation project evaluation
• And don’t forget to praise & reward!
The cost of this The Project Management Boot Camp – 50 things every PM needs to know course is £298+ VAT per delegate.
In-house and bespoke training
The Construction Study Centre offers in-house training that can be tailored to specific needs of your business. This can can be an off-the-shelf course delivered at a time and place that suits you, or a bespoke training built around the needs of your organisation.
Provider: Construction Study Centre
High quality Construction and Property training
Construction Study Centre provide high quality training on all areas concerning Construction and Property Professionals. No matter if you have a team of Quantity Surveyors who need to get up to speed on the latest NEC 3 contract or a...