Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This 1-day course is designed to provide a practical insight into the law and practice of dilapidations, party walls and rights to light, that the design, construction and property management team could face.
This course is geared to provide a detailed examination of building surveys and inspections for the majority of low rise commercial and residential building types. It is delivered in-house and can be tailored to meet company-specific requirements.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those requiring a practical insight into the principles and practices of dilapidations, party walls and rights to light.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be presented with a CPD Certificate of attendance.
Training Course Content
- Creation of the repairing obligation
- Interpretation of the repairing obligation
- Breach of the repairing obligation
- Nature of action required to remedy the repairing obligation
- Enforcement of the repairing obligation
- Litigation and the pre-action protocol
- Practical issues
The Party Wall Act 1996
- The background to the Act, its application, definition of terms used including ‘Party Wall’, ‘Party Fence Wall’ and ‘Party Structure’
- Procedures, notices and counter notices
- Rights and obligations, building and adjoining owner, rights of entry
- Disputes, appointing surveyors, third surveyor
- Awards, expenses
- Construction of new boundary party walls, special foundations, adjacent excavations, excavating in proximity of neighbouring buildings
- Modifications and repairs to existing party walls
- The appointment, role and powers of Party Wall Surveyors
Rights to Light
- What is a right to light?
- How is a right to light acquired?
- How can a right to light be lost?
- How is a right infringed?
- What remedies are available for infringement of rights to light?
High quality Construction and Property training
Construction Study Centre provide high quality training on all areas concerning Construction and Property Professionals. No matter if you have a team of Quantity Surveyors who need to get up to speed on the latest NEC 4 contract or a...
Find out more about this A Practical Guide to Dilapidations, Party Walls and Rights to Light course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.