Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing Health & Safety in in Property and Buildings – Asbestos, Fire Safety and LegionellaConstruction Study Centre
Managing Health & Safety in in Property and Buildings – Asbestos, Fire Safety and Legionella
This 1-day course provides delegates with a comprehensive overview of the legal requirements and associated risks of managing all non-residential properties in the private and public sector, and how to go about taking the danger out of buildings.
Th1 programme covers the risks, principles and importance of managing health and safety in buildings as well as the legal responsibilities in doing so. Health and safety within buildings takes into consideration legionella management, asbestos management, fire risks and statutory inspections of electrical, gas, pressure and lifting systems ensuring non-residential properties are risk free.
The course is delivered in-house and can be tailored to meet any specific requirements your company or delegates may have.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for construction and property professionals looking to improve their health & safety knowledge, as well as their risk management skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be presented with a CPD Certificate of attendance.
Training Course Content
Basic principles of managing risk
- Importance of managing risk
- Hazard, risk and risk assessment
- Risk management – a structured approach
- The dangers of getting it wrong
Legal framework and responsibilities
- Property owner, managing agent and tenants
- Third parties and occupier’s liability
- Regulatory framework including Corporate Manslaughter
- Concept of the responsible person/duty holder
- Working with contractors
- Brief overview of Legionella
- Typical systems at risk
- Requirements for water hygiene assessments – HSE document L8
- Scope & content of water hygiene surveys
- Control scheme, log book and records
- When to review the assessment
- Typical uses of asbestos in buildings
- Adopting a structured process – surveys & documentation
- Importance of the asbestos management plan
- Keeping a check on conditions and managing works
Managing fire risks
- An overview of the new regime
- Scope & content of fire assessments
- Inspection and maintenance issues
- Electrical safety – installations and portable appliances
- Pressure systems – written schemes
- Gas safety
- Lifting equipment – plant, access equipment, fall arrest systems
High quality Construction and Property training
Construction Study Centre provide high quality training on all areas concerning Construction and Property Professionals. No matter if you have a team of Quantity Surveyors who need to get up to speed on the latest NEC 4 contract or a...
Find out more about this Managing Health & Safety in in Property and Buildings – Asbestos, Fire Safety and Legionella course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.