Risk-based Compliance Monitoring Under the FCA
Today, Compliance managers are under more pressure than ever to make sure they are targeting risks, and resources, as effectively as possible and adapting their monitoring to the changing regulatory environment.
By developing a CASE STUDY throughout the course and making extensive use of practical EXAMPLES, attending will help Compliance and Monitoring professionals identify the principle compliance risks in their business and design and execute a risk based compliance monitoring plan accordingly.
Attending this practical workshop will help you:
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your controls to the regulator
- Effectively identify, categorise and prioritise compliance risks
- Explore the use of Key Indicatorsfor risks and controls
- Examine monitoring techniques (desk based, exception reporting, systems, visits); and know how to select the most appropriate option
- Determine when to escalate issues and change monitoring levels
- Construct a comprehensive compliance monitoring plan that will prioritise risks and drive out resource requirements
- Tailor your reporting to different groups to make sure critical messages are received and understood
- Keep your programme up to date: respond to monitoring results emerging regulatory hot spots
- Develop both your technical monitoring and ‘softer’ skills set: establishing credibility, obtaining buy-in, managing resistance
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed to enable less experienced Compliance and Monitoring staff develop their capabilities and skills. It is also suitable for more seasoned Compliance Managers who wish to refresh and update their approach, as well as Risk and Audit professionals who wish to improve their knowledge of compliance risk management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Attendance at this training event can provide 6 CPD training hours to count towards delegates' continuous professional development needs.
Training Course Content
This Risk-based Compliance Monitoring course will cover the following key topics:
The risk based monitoring approach
Latest regulatory developments in risk based monitoring
Researching the risks facing your firm
Preparing the monitoring plan
The cost of this one-day training course is £675 plus VAT
A 10% discount is available for bookings of 3 or more delegates.
In-house / Company-specific training
CTP can also deliver this training course in-house, to meet the specific needs of your team.
Corporate Training Partnerships - CTP: Risk Management, Regulatory and Technical Training for Financial Services Organisations
CTP is a specialist training company serving the financial services sector. They use industry experience to provide creative and effective training that visibly contributes to the business success of their clients. CTP understands your challenges and constraints and provide the optimal...
Find out more about this Risk-based Compliance Monitoring under the FCA course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Lack of people management skills causing high staff turnover? Find out how CTP solved the problem!