Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Effective Project ManagementCosensa Learning and Development
Effective Project Management
This highly practical two-day Project Management programme delivers all the essential skills, tools and techniques required to support you in your project management role. The course concentrates on practical, easy to understand and control techniques that can be directly and immediately applied in your workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for any director, manager, project manager, team leader and project team members who are occasionally involved in group work, or formally established projects, but have no formal training in the tools and techniques used in project planning and control.
- Identifying when the project approach should be applied
- Understanding basic Project Management terminologies; when, where, why and how to apply them
- An introduction to various tools that are commonly used in Project Management (including some useful software packages)
- Applying the project lifecycle and how to manage the stages
- Defining the project purpose to avoid ambiguity and unrealistic expectations
- Planning, organising and documenting projects by using practical, workable tools that provide real value
- Exploring the basic planning tools and techniques used in planning a project including Gantt Charts and Critical Path Analysis
- What documentation and data display methods are available to the project manager
- How to make time and cost estimates more credible and realistic
- Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises Identifying and managing project risks to minimise impact and disruption
- Become more effective in monitoring and controlling by working in a competent and logical manner
- How to monitor, track and control activities
- What impact will changes have on the project?
- Determine corrective actions to ensure the project remains on track
- How to communicate the status of a project more effectively
- Understand what lessons can be learnt from managing work using a project approach
- Measuring what actually happened against the plan
- Learning the lessons - positive and negative
- Closing the project and moving on
The cost of this training course varies depending on location but prices start at 345 GBP per delegate, which covers tuition, lunch and refreshments during the day. Request information for a more accurate price based on your location
Cosensa Learning and Development Training Courses
Cosensa Learning & Development offers training courses for professionals and organisations throughout the public, private and third sectors. All Cosensa trainers are highly qualified, with extensive experience in training and coaching. Cosensa's wide range of open courses are delivered throughout...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!